Wristband on the brake fluid reservoir?

bluboi22

My 650r has a square, metal, powder coated brake reservoir, not a cool round transparent one like all the supersport machines out there, so I can't do the wristband mod. This has been my primary reason for considering selling my bike and buying a 600cc SS bike.

My 650r has a square, metal, powder coated brake reservoir, not a cool round transparent one like all the supersport machines out there, so I can't do the wristband mod. This has been my primary reason for considering selling my bike and buying a 600cc SS bike.

Don't feel bad. I don't have one, either. :(

unless racing, not needed at all. If you wanna go with the "I'm cool" while sitting at the Rally's, then grab you one and tell your friends why you have it...

We use them at the track due to the fact that the fluid can get hot and seep out of the tiny hole on the reservoir and the wrist band catches the dribbles that come out. Those dribbles will splash up into the windscreen and on your shield... Sucks at speed and is pretty toxic stuff.

Other than that, the UV light idea is not an issue as we bleed brake fluid all the time. The UV won't break it down as fast as it isn't in there long...

unless racing, not needed at all. If you wanna go with the "I'm cool" while sitting at the Rally's, then grab you one and tell your friends why you have it...

We use them at the track due to the fact that the fluid can get hot and seep out of the tiny hole on the reservoir and the wrist band catches the dribbles that come out. Those dribbles will splash up into the windscreen and on your shield... Sucks at speed and is pretty toxic stuff.

Other than that, the UV light idea is not an issue as we bleed brake fluid all the time. The UV won't break it down as fast as it isn't in there long...

Now that makes sense.

+1000 Yep.. And bleeding brakes so frequently, you have allot more chance at having extra fluid in the cap recess getting sucked by the wind at high speeds and ending up on you, your paint, or your windscreen/face shield. I have some pics I cant take of mine that show exactly what im talking about..

Edited by flounder