Business lawyers

justin0469

Who knows one or can recommend one?

Also, anyone know the difference between a trade name and a fictitious name in Ohio?

I read this:

(1) “Trade name” means a name used in business or trade to designate the business of the user and to which the user asserts a right to exclusive use.

(2) “Fictitious name” means a name used in business or trade that is fictitious and that the user has not registered or is not entitled to register as a trade name. It does not include the name of record of any domestic corporation that is formed under Chapter 1701. or 1702. of the Revised Code, any foreign corporation that is registered pursuant to Chapter 1703. of the Revised Code, any domestic or foreign limited liability company that is formed under or registered pursuant to Chapter 1705. of the Revised Code, any domestic or foreign limited partnership that is formed under or registered pursuant to Chapter 1782. of the Revised Code, or any domestic or foreign limited liability partnership that is formed under or registered pursuant to Chapter 1775. or 1776. of the Revised Code.

but that doesn't help me decide which I need for DBA a different name than the registered LLC. It kinda seems like I should go with the trade name because I am entitled to register it as a trade name.... Edited by justin0469