xbox emergency

thegame

either pay microsoft to repair it, or get a new drive from ebay and void your warranty (if you have one left) to open it up and replace it. i've replaced a couple of drives, it's pretty simple. you have to open it first and find out the exact drive you have so you get the same exact kind. then, because the xbox doesn't like it when you change it's components, you use the circuit board from the old drive on the new one.

other option can be to "induce" RROD if you're still within the 3 year special RROD warranty. i dunno how you'd do this, but i'm sure it's possible. i think it has to do with overheating the system, like leaving it playing a game for a few days straight. i was having DVD drive issues for a about a year (cant read disk errors all the time) and when i left my last job had a few months of nonstop playing for long stretches of time. Got RROD in about 6 weeks, lol. anyway, shipped it out for RROD repair (2nd time with the RROD), and got a "new" console this time. no more DVD drive problems.

Edited by smashweights

either pay microsoft to repair it, or get a new drive from ebay and void your warranty (if you have one left) to open it up and replace it. i've replaced a couple of drives, it's pretty simple. you have to open it first and find out the exact drive you have so you get the same exact kind. then, because the xbox doesn't like it when you change it's components, you use the circuit board from the old drive on the new one.

this is true