F1 Lights on GSXR

blackgsxr1000

The f1 light is currently on, due to the fact that I have after market exhaust on my 05 gsxr 1000. I was told by some one, there is a wire you can clip and the f1 light will shut off and it will stop running rough. I know the factory exhaus had a butterfly in it, so only when you were at full throttle the exhause would be fully open. Does anyone know which wire it is I need to clip?

its FI light lol, not an F1 car...

do you have a PC3? the R6 i have has a butterfly valve in the exhaust (ex-up) and you can unhook them and leave the butterfly open.

is this a slip on or a full system (why would you...)? is the o2 sensor still hooked up?

i wouldn't clip any wires just yet... try the pc3 option first. its most likely that with this slip on the o2 sensor isn't on anymore and the reason its running so rough. this will be solved with a pc3.

i dont know about the 1000's,but on the 600 and 750 you pull a pin out of the ecu wire harness. The valve is pulled closed by the servo so it will be open all the time if you remove the servo. I'm sure its prob the same wire on the 1000,but i'm not sure?

if i remember correctly it is pin number 24 that you pull the wire from. take a paper clip and press it into the slot and the wire pulls right out. you can also pull off the cables and servo that are in the tail.