looking at used gsxr, have questions

ls1plus

Saw an 09 gsxr 1000. Bike looks sharp but i am not familar with these. Has 2,300 miles. It has a pipe that exits under the bike, i saw this on another gsxr in Richmond last week. I would assume thats not the factory location, what kind of pipes exit under there? This is at a dealer so what else should i look for? Thanks

Pipes always exit under the bike. Car, bike, etc. Unless it's a semi or something with a stack. Beyond that, what kahooli said. That's a BIG step up.

I think what he means is this.

Under bike.

leo-vince-sbk-factory-yamaha-r6-06-09.jpg

Standard

18592P.jpg

The CBR F2, even though it's old, still makes 105 hp at the crank. The only "step" between it and a 1000 is the Gixxer 750. And if you don't want the 750 why not buy the 1000.

I went from an 87 CBR 600 to the Aprilia. Blow me. :D

it exits under the very bottom center of the bike and goes at a 45' angle outward. I thought the typical exit was at the bottom side or in the back middle. So i figured saying under would of been sufficient but now you should understand what i mean.

My logic is not having to sell a 750 in a year and if i respect the throttle until i am comfortable, i dont see any harm. I am 6' 235 lbs, so with a passenger a 600 isnt really enjoyable to ride.

I was being a smartass, but I figured he meant something like an underseat pipe like on my rr. Dunno.

Dammit, now I'm thinking about that Aprilia at Iron Pony. I has a sads.

Don't buy new. Baaaaaaad idea. Buy used when literally 2/3 of the value has already dropped off. My bike was $5000. Shhhh, keep it a secret. lol

No worries there. I don't have $15,000 to drop on a new one. :) I just drool on the new ones.

The RSV4 is tits, but it's so compact compared to the old RSVR that it loses a lot of it's appeal for 6+ft individuals like me.

/threadjack

As for the bike. It sounds fairly good. Any rash on anything? Does it still have the factory license plate mount? Look for scrapes on the swingarm, fairings, forks, even the footpegs to make sure it hasn't been down.

Logical step? It's motorcycling no logic needed with passion and fun. I went from a cruiser to my liter bike. It still feels like a great choice for me. Enjoy it if you get it man.

it exits under the very bottom center of the bike and goes at a 45' angle outward. I thought the typical exit was at the bottom side or in the back middle. So i figured saying under would of been sufficient but now you should understand what i mean.

My logic is not having to sell a 750 in a year and if i respect the throttle until i am comfortable, i dont see any harm. I am 6' 235 lbs, so with a passenger a 600 isnt really enjoyable to ride.

Then get an old kawi or gsxr 1100 if you need a dick-enhancing bike. You don't need 154 HP at the crank to move you and your fat ass girlfriend down the street

Then get an old kawi or gsxr 1100 if you need a dick-enhancing bike. You don't need 154 HP at the crank to move you and your fat ass girlfriend down the street

WTF dude? Guy comes on here asking for help on a bike and in no more than two-posts you call him a dumbass and his girlfriend a fatass? How bout trying to NOT be an asshole. Go back to parting out your Ninja.

According to wikipedia the 09 GSXR 1000 has 191 horsepower at the crank. And honestly, I don't think 191 is too much horsepower.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_GSX-R1000

I would so love to have a 499 horsepower Hayabusa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6y7SSxnaB0

WTF dude? Guy comes on here asking for help on a bike and in no more than two-posts you call him a dumbass and his girlfriend a fatass? How bout trying to NOT be an asshole. Go back to parting out your Ninja.

Lol. He obviously hasnt seen my girlfriend or he wouldnt be calling her fat. Maybe i threw him out of a bar when i was bouncing or embarassed him a different way and he is lashing out on the internet.

The RSV4 is tits, but it's so compact compared to the old RSVR that it loses a lot of it's appeal for 6+ft individuals like me.

/threadjack

As for the bike. It sounds fairly good. Any rash on anything? Does it still have the factory license plate mount? Look for scrapes on the swingarm, fairings, forks, even the footpegs to make sure it hasn't been down.

thanks. I didnt see any rash or scrapes but will look closer when i make it back. The license plate mount was on the left side and it was turned 90'.