Win a FREE trackday with NESBA at Putnam May 1st and 2nd

Bucky Badger

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ this is the first warming i've heard! good lookin' out!

Twizted - you're on a 600 as well:

1) do you take turn 1 in 3rd gear, or is it a 4th gear turn? "100mph turn" doesn't help me because I rarely look down, and my speedo is off due to gearing changes anyway. It looks like you could do either (if 3rd is fast enough) and still down-shift under braking for turn 2, yes?

2) between turns 4 and 5, do you make it up to 4th gear? the video I watched, sometimes the rider did, and most times he didn't. Obviously he had to drop back down to 3rd for turn 5, so I'm wondering if it's worth even clicking into 4th, or if hitting the rev limiter in 3rd for a second or two is actually faster.

3) I assume you go down to 2nd gear for turn 7, is that a safe assumption?

fingers crossed for good weather.

serious they do some one always bites it on cold tires in the morning they always warn you!

and im typically in 3rd really high in the rpms like 14.5 or so so i can get the drive into and out of 2 in second gear... i only know its 100 plus because of a dude last time i was there was speed trapping

3-4 is in 3rd to the top.. i have a 16.5 redline and i can push to 17k if needed so i dont shift there

and yes 2nd for 7.. the drive isnt near as strong but im no comforable enough to push hard out of 7 in 1st for that hard drive.. plus i sets me up for 8 in 3rd