by by yammi... :(

restlessNR

so my baby is now gone...sold the r1 as of 2hrs ago to a guy in Louisville..totally out of no where but its okay my eyes are set on something greater..i got more out of it than i thought 8,500 :).. ill miss it but the money talked and its more than i pry should of got out of it,any who it sucks but if anyone knows of a ducky for sale let me know :D

I know of a guy selling a white 848 with a built motor. I think he got 10-15 more ponies out of it. Pretty sure its still for sale.

Another one of Yota's "guys" :D

Hey Kev.... We're house hunting up here. You "know a guy"?? ;)

where at and how much is he askin for it

He use to work at a Ducati Dealer. I think he is still in Indiana. He was looking to get about 9k. It is still for sale, Im trying to get more details on it now. I know the suspension has be worked a lil bit, and like I said I think he got 10 or so more horse doing the motor.

Duc848.jpg

Another one of Yota's "guys" :D

Hey Kev.... We're house hunting up here. You "know a guy"?? ;)

Actually I know a realllly good realtor, rides motorcycles and is great at his job. Are you really house hunting or you just fucking with me :)

He use to work at a Ducati Dealer. I think he is still in Indiana. He was looking to get about 9k. It is still for sale, Im trying to get more details on it now. I know the suspension has be worked a lil bit, and like I said I think he got 10 or so more horse doing the motor.

Duc848.jpg

Actually I know a realllly good realtor, rides motorcycles and is great at his job. Are you really house hunting or you just fucking with me :)

:eek: he wouldn't happen to want a reallllll nice camaro would he lol

those Duc's are sexy looking but if it has any extras it should be specialty tools and a manual. cause you WILL be working on it.

Oh yea and Im sure you have had a lot of ducatis and you can speak from experience? Riiight... come back and comment on a topic when you have actual knowledge about it. Thanks

I'm pretty sure the newer Ducs aren't as much of a problem as the Ducs of the early 2000s and before.

Plus, theres always DucRX for when it does need worked on. :D

Ben speaka da truth. One of the main problems with the older superbikes, like mine, is the rocker arms would loose the chrome on them and this would cause the valve clearance to go out of spec and the rockers needing to be replaced. It only happened if you really rode the piss outta the bike and didnt change fluids regularly. A lot of people are ducati douches and dont ride the bikes hard.... so they are fine. Ive personally had to replace a few rockers from riding the 748 to the max. Oh well, it was worth it :D

The newer bikes, testastretta motor (made its debut in the 2001 996R) do not have the same problems the older bikes do. The testastretta motor is in the 996R is actually a 998 motor and later became the 999... ok now im just talking too much.

Basically, the motor design has come a long way. The maintenance is not half of what it use to be, and the 848 is a great freaking bike. VERY fun to ride and super smooth for a twin. Not sure if you are aware, but the 848 has a wet clutch, so you wont have the dry clutch sound or performance. The 848 is the smoothest twin I have ever ridden. Its almost feels like an inline 4, except you have power immediately. Its freaking badass. Ok im leaving now. :banana:

Ben speaka da truth. One of the main problems with the older superbikes, like mine, is the rocker arms would loose the chrome on them and this would cause the valve clearance to go out of spec and the rockers needing to be replaced. It only happened if you really rode the piss outta the bike and didnt change fluids regularly. A lot of people are ducati douches and dont ride the bikes hard.... so they are fine. Ive personally had to replace a few rockers from riding the 748 to the max. Oh well, it was worth it :D

The newer bikes, testastretta motor (made its debut in the 2001 996R) do not have the same problems the older bikes do. The testastretta motor is in the 996R is actually a 998 motor and later became the 999... ok now im just talking too much.

Basically, the motor design has come a long way. The maintenance is not half of what it use to be, and the 848 is a great freaking bike. VERY fun to ride and super smooth for a twin. Not sure if you are aware, but the 848 has a wet clutch, so you wont have the dry clutch sound or performance. The 848 is the smoothest twin I have ever ridden. Its almost feels like an inline 4, except you have power immediately. Its freaking badass. Ok im leaving now. :banana:

great....you just had to say all this to make me want it more :D

Go for it bro, Ducati’s are awesome! Are you sure you’re going to be happy on a 848 coming from a R1. I would recommend the 1198, most Duc dealers will let you demo one. Crooked River in Akron, let me test ride a 1198 last year. It was a nice bike!