Ultra Clean Turbo Busa

DTM Brian

Back in 2008 my friend Brad purchased a new 2007 Hayabusa. The bike was ridden for 1,100 miles and then went under the knife for a custom turbo kit. The kit is designed to fit behind all of the stock body work with the air filter removed. With less then 30 miles on the speedo the bike made 148 rwhp. At 5 psi the bike made 226 rwhp and 137 rwtq. I swear if he wanted to sell this bike tomorrow I would write a check for it. No corners have been taken with this beautiful turbo install.

DSC00280.JPG

DSC00279.JPG

DSC00281.JPG

DSC00278.JPG

DSC00277.JPG

DSC00283.JPG

DSC00284.JPG

I's want a turbo by Mr.Turbo, but me can't afford one nowadays. :( That Busa stock should pull WAY more than those numbers STOCK. Hell my 2008 14 with only 300+ miles on it in 2008 pulled 170rwhp 105tq stock on your dyno. That must've been a bad day for that Busa. I've never heard of someone only getting 148 on their stock motor. OUCH.

Nice Bus.

I's want a turbo by Mr.Turbo, but me can't afford one nowadays. :( That Busa stock should pull WAY more than those numbers STOCK. Hell my 2008 14 with only 300+ miles on it in 2008 pulled 170rwhp 105tq stock on your dyno. That must've been a bad day for that Busa. I've never heard of someone only getting 148 on their stock motor. OUCH.

Nice Bus.

mine bone stock only made 148rwhp ur 14 is bigger cc,s then the 99-07 busa now my bike with pipe, pc and race fuel 174 with is good for the gen1 busa

mine bone stock only made 148rwhp ur 14 is bigger cc,s then the 99-07 busa now my bike with pipe, pc and race fuel 174 with is good for the gen1 busa

I just scrolled up and saw it's an '07 and he PURCHASED it in '08. I got the dates mixed. I thought it was an 2008. I still would've guess more stock. Are the GEN2 busas that much more powerful than GEN1? If so, they really improved it.

Are the GEN2 busas that much more powerful than GEN1? If so, they really improved it.

I think the pressers said 12% more powerful. But they raised the compression and put Ti valves in them which don't hold up to as much punishment if you're using power adders. If you want a turbo Busa, I'd stick with the GEN1 mill just for robustness.

I just scrolled up and saw it's an '07 and he PURCHASED it in '08. I got the dates mixed. I thought it was an 2008. I still would've guess more stock. Are the GEN2 busas that much more powerful than GEN1? If so, they really improved it.

the 08s and up have a 2mm bigger stroke on the crank 99-07 are 1299cc 08 and up are 1340cc