A National ID Card

chevysoldier

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2010/04/23/national-id-the-time-to-resist-is-now/

A centerpiece of the immigration bill as proposed by Senators Charles Schumer (D-NY) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) is a requirement that all U.S. workers, citizen and resident alike, be required to obtain and carry biometric Social Security cards (national ID cards under a different name) in order to work within the United States. Attempting to appease critics of a national ID card, Schumer and Graham insist that “no government database would house everyone’s information” and that the “cards would not contain any private information, medical information, or tracking devices.” However, those claims are blatantly false. Indeed, this proposed biometric card is nothing more than an end-run around opposition to a national ID card.

Thoughts?

I have a general mistrust of "the man". Why don't they just go ahead and tattoo a number on my forearm.

Trusting the gov't....

Me: I don't want you watching every little thing I do.

The Gov't: But what is it you have to hide?

Me: What is it that makes you think I have something to hide?

Sound familiar Chev?

Irrelevant what the FedGov wants if the States can't afford it. Our BMV databases aren't even linked in Ohio. How the hell do they think we'll manage this little doozy?

Agree with the first part. The Ohio BMV database is centrally located in Columbus. I managed the install of the network equipment to support it at the branches.

You see the AZ governor approved state legislation today in direct violation of what Barry O wants, to authorize law enforcement to ask people of suspicion if they're legal U.S citizens? clap.gif

Bet they won't be lookin' for suspicious illegal Canadians! :lol:

I LOVE Arizona.... First Sheriff Joe, and now this :D

They already have all that information, they just don't manage it and retrieve it very well. So this is more of an attempt to pull it all together, and will probably fail and be mismanaged as well. What it would do, is manage forward into the future. After several generations, it could be a reasonably complete database. But that is pretty much what was thought in the previous attempts to control and manage information.

Generally, updates to systems and software, either handle the old database poorly, or completely discard it. Generally, databases rely upon the accuracy of information entered into them. For various reasons, that information is too often inaccurate. Over time, the errors accumulate. Which of course, leads to increasingly false assumptions about everything, when decisions are made.

Good news..... I heard the government contracted with "Pud" of "Fuck Company" to manage all this personal info for them.....

So rest easy folks.... It's all in good hands now