Supreme Court Rules Mojave Desert Cross Can Stay, ACLU loses

chevysoldier

Washington, DC – Today the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that a 75-year-old National World War I Memorial with an 8-foot cross, located in the Mojave Desert of California, can remain in place. In Salazar v. Buono, the ACLU filed suit to remove the cross.

:banana:

http://www.lc.org/index.cfm?PID=14100&PRID=933

“Passive displays like the World War I Memorial, the Ten Commandments, Nativity scenes, or statements like the National Motto do not force anyone to participate in a religious exercise and, thus, do not establish religion. This case reveals the extremism of the ACLU. For 75 years this cross in the Mojave Desert did not disturb anyone. It stood as a memorial to the heroes of World War I. Removing this memorial would be an insult to our war veterans. Doing so under the guise of the First Amendment is an insult to the Framers of the Constitution. For now the cross will remain. The Constitution should not depend on 5-4 votes with fractured opinions. If the courts returned to the original understanding of the Constitution, then these First Amendment religion cases would be easy. The next Justice on the Supreme Court must be committed to upholding the rule of law and the original intent of the Constitution.”

Damn right!