who's good for deck or patio building around Cbus?

redrocket04

Do you guys have any recommendations for deck or patio builders that won't try to overcharge me?

I have a small back yard. Very small. About 12x12. I want to either build a deck, or concrete patio back there, so I have a place to cook out during the summer. Screened porch would be ideal, but condo association says no, so, no.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, just pretty basic.

I can do a deck or a patio. Deck is actually preferred. How long until you're healed enough to be able to build one?

I can prolly start on it in about a week or so.... we can rent an auger to drill the holes for the posts, that will make things go really quick... from there it's all framing and decking...:cool: are we getting this inspected? if so you 'll need to pull a permit...

I can prolly start on it in about a week or so.... we can rent an auger to drill the holes for the posts, that will make things go really quick... from there it's all framing and decking...:cool: are we getting this inspected? if so you 'll need to pull a permit...

Well, I know I can't get started on it that soon. My condo association has to approve my deck plans. In order to do that, I need to present the plans to them at the monthly meeting, and from there, if approved, I can get the work started. Afterwards, it needs to be inspected again to make sure we stained it the right color, I guess. :rolleyes:

So, what am I looking at, cost-wise? Standard deck, with railing, and I figured we could reuse my current steps... Maybe?

Well, mine is a Droid Eris. Cheaper than the Motorola Droid, and yet every review you read will say it's better than the Moto Droid, but yeah, no flash. $79 with two year contract.

Eris = Hero, which is what I have. At this point, Droid > Hero/Eris due to better hardware, but mostly newer OS version. Although I think the Eris already got 2.1, while the Hero is still in waiting....

Anyway, back OT....

This stuff is why I don't think I could ever deal with a condo, or other home with a HOA.

I'm still waiting on 2.1, sadly. I'm fine with 1.5 in the meantime, though.

My only complaint with the condo association is being forced to pay $150 a month for the "privilege" of living here. Condo fees and property taxes are more than my mortgage every month.

I'm still waiting on 2.1, sadly. I'm fine with 1.5 in the meantime, though.

My only complaint with the condo association is being forced to pay $150 a month for the "privilege" of living here. Condo fees and property taxes are more than my mortgage every month.

i got one of those too.... let me know when a good time to come out and look is... we can sit down and figure cost and time frame from there....

:cool: