Almost Sled Season!!

wolfman

I'd love to go sometime...I was watchin' "How it's Made" and they made a snowmobile, didnt realize that some of them could go 120 mph..thats pretty nuts.

Yeah man, they are like sportbikes on the snow...800cc two-stoke = 145 hp

My uncle rides a Mach Z (170+ hp) and they are supposed to go 150+ mph.:eek:

The best part is its legal to go those speeds across the lakes.:D

If anyone has a few sleds, I will bring my plastic sled and full leathers and you can pull me around! Video Camera required!

Damn, that sounds like fun. I used to do that shit in high school (behind a 4-wheeler) until my friend took me off a dirt bike jump.:wheelchair:Ouch.

I love snow mobiles! I wont buy one tho cuz I cant justify it. I feel like I would only use it 4 or 5 times a year.

Yeah, they are tough to justify. I share a sled with my dad, but he never rides so its basically mine. Plus, I have family in Michigan so we don't have to trailer sleds back and forth. I haven't got to do much snowmobiling in the past few years but I used to put on about 1500mi. in a season.

Anybody want to plan a three day weekend this winter and rent some sleds/gear?

Damn, that sounds like fun. I used to do that shit in high school (behind a 4-wheeler) until my friend took me off a dirt bike jump.:wheelchair:Ouch.

I too did this in high school. Except I used my old Toyota 4x4. Ever been going 50 mph behind a truck in a level 3 snow emergency!! Haha Those were good times. I lived up by polaris, my friend and I would pull each other down 23 inbetween orange road and lewis center. i miss those days!

Yeah, they are tough to justify. I share a sled with my dad, but he never rides so its basically mine. Plus, I have family in Michigan so we don't have to trailer sleds back and forth. I haven't got to do much snowmobiling in the past few years but I used to put on about 1500mi. in a season.

Where at in michigan? I have been up north a couple times during the winter and it was nuts to see a bunch of snowmobiles parked in the parking lots of the bars.

Please inform your little green friend if you go up there. Im sure he would join you! :cool:

Fair enough but we will surely have to do some Jackass style filming.. like dragging you behind the snowmobile with your leathers on and filming it.. :D

That would hurt like hell..

Where at in MI. I have access to some pretty fast snowmobiles if I want.

My sled is up in Indian River...about 30 miles north of Gaylord and 30 miles south of the Mackinac Bridge. Where and what are these snowmobiles you have access to?

My sled is up in Indian River...about 30 miles north of Gaylord and 30 miles south of the Mackinac Bridge. Where and what are these snowmobiles you have access to?

They are my grandpa's and he is a speed freak. kinda funny sounding I know.. he goes up to MI a few times a year to ride. I cant remember what models he has but last time I checked he had 2 and they both would run well over 100mph with no problems. I will see him in a few weeks and talk to him about it.

Count me in man..

I too did this in high school. Except I used my old Toyota 4x4. Ever been going 50 mph behind a truck in a level 3 snow emergency!! Haha Those were good times. I lived up by polaris, my friend and I would pull each other down 23 inbetween orange road and lewis center. i miss those days!

haha i did the same thing, except a cop saw us...lol got lucky tho :)