Warning! Bad business at Rice Paddy.

Casper

I got this off Craigslists. Since I've had problems with this place too, I figured I'd pass this along:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/237879680.html

Warning! Bad business at Rice Paddy.

Date: 2006-11-20, 11:12PM EST

I originally put a $300 check down as a hold for a motorcycle at Rice Paddy. I wanted to test drive it before I decided to purchase it and was told that I needed cash. I came in a few days later and exchanged the check for $300 cash and was then told that I needed the entire amount ($900) in order to test drive the motorcycle. I decided I did not want to purchase the motorcycle and came back 4 days later and argued with Tom, the owner, who told me that he would not be giving my deposit back. What any employee failed to do at any point when I was in the shop was explain to me that any cash put down on a bike was to go towards the sale of the bike (which was not what I understood it to be-I understood it to be a HOLD) and that it was nonrefundable. Had I known this I never would have put the $300 down on the bike in the first place.

After arguing for about twenty minutes Tom told me to come back that Friday to pick up my full cash refund. I called the day before to confirm that I would be coming in the next day to pick up my refund. I called again on Friday to confirm that my refund was there and it was not. Tom was in the shop on Saturday and I went back into the shop to pick up my refund and he refused to give it to me even though the last conversation I had with him ended with him saying he would give me my full refund. At one point he offered to give me my half of my payment and said he would call it even, which is complete crap! If you're going to stick to your policy and give me a hard time, stick to your policy. Don't try and buy me off.

He is a liar and a terrible business man (who treats a customer like that?) and it's really unfortunate that this happened because I've been going there for the past 6 months for parts for my bike and have referred a lot of people to them as well.

If his employees had been clear from the beginning about his policy I would never, ever had put down any money. I've never had a bad experience with Rice Paddy up until now and it's just really unfortunate that Tom couldn't act like a responsible business owner and adult. I support local businesses but with treatment like this I refuse to ever go back.

[/quote:1c508]

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing. This is the third negative comment I have heard about the Rice Paddy in the short time I have owned a bike.

Being new to bikes and a new owner of an old bike (1974 CB750), I know there are times I will need to frequent shops, and I want to know who is good and trustworthy, and who is not.

I would rather pay a little bit more and deal with someone who is honest and has integrity, than be jerked around by somebody only out to get my money.

def. bad things from there. if you need parts check out www.800390bike.com it's cyclesearch up in Deleware. They're helpin me out this season a ton and i've personally done business with them a few times in the past. tell them that I,Drew Brenner, sent ya and they will hook you up.

• 1 month later...

Yeah i dont blame you dude. I dont screw around with a business that try to fuck people out of their money. I am cheap enough when it comes to saving a dollar. Although i also will pay more for good service and honesty. I had been there once and it seemed to me the guy .....i dont know who he was....but seemed liked he was annoyed that i had a question. I had never been there and wanted to check out the place. Anyway i wont be going there again either.

newpics5-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ohio law says that unless you receive merchandise, they CAN NOT keep your money... Unless the paperwork was written up and the bike was technicaly sold the bike, sounds like someone needs to go back in and tell them to give your money back or your going to call the Better Business Beuro or the cops... no joke.. they CANT keep it...

I dont want to sound rude but it sounds like someone needs to show some backbone to them.... People need to learn to stick up for for themselves..

• 5 months later...

i heard about this place to and i was trying to locate a gas tank for my bike and the told me it would be 300.00 for a use one my brother told me that they are not good business men they will rip you off......but if there anyone out there know where i can fine a gas tank for 82 yamaha maxima xj750 let me know. thanks for the head up........

I had them change a tire for me once... :banana:

I think this guy should take them onto Judge Judy... She will lay the smacketh down on their rooty-poot candy asses...

And this place, http://www.racersedge411.com/, pisses me off... The spam the shit out of Cycle Trader... "Here look at this bike we already sold that came up because we added 1,400 unrelated bike keywords into the ad... now check out our website for other shit we don't really have." Unfortunately Cycle Trader won't do shit about it as I have reported them about 100 times...

The Rice Paddy in lancaster has a couple of nice guys working there and had no problem w me asking questions but when I asked one question at the 11th ave location the guy got shitty and I havent gone back... he was charging

60 dollars for a 30 dollar item and asked him if he could match or get near the internet price and he went off.. total dick.. just answer no and that will be fine. might have even bought it but I didnt due to his attitude.

It's a Junk Yard! What do you expect? Go to an auto junk yard and see if they treat you like you're buying a Cadillac. C'mon Satan, you know I love you but really dude. Clutch and I have been in and out of there since he was in the short north and dealt with Brian and his employees for years. You want something specific, you walk in, they point, and you go dig. Cash on the counter, you just bought a salvage or parts from a wreck. You knew it before you walked in.