Wheelie School Spot for the 24th

alienpi

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I think it was Cap's Pizza. It was delicious. :)

Loved the pizza! I'm ready to take a road trip to Thompson just for the pizza!!!

Yeah, the 03-04 636 is what I had in mind.

Had one and hated it for anything except wheelies. Good forgiving balance point but other pro stunters (this excludes the Starboyz) have told me to go with an F4I. Its more durable. Example is the radiator support dosnet need reinforced, the upper stay dosent need replaced with a 905, the list goes on. The only real downfall is the forks suck for stoppies (put 929/954/600RR/1000RR front end on) , and the lack of power. Good thing is you can pick them up cheaper and much better ridding position going from a Buell to a 636. I hated the clip ons, they were the worst I've ever ridden on.

This is true...the F4I is prolly the best stunt bike period. But not a good stoppie bike unless you mod it with the 900/954/600rr/1000rr forks. But the 636 is a better stunt bike if you look @ initial cost vs modifying. Its good out of the box 03-04 is the best year..has a stonger subframe than the 05-06 636. Oh and

@ Monstrosity ..... Not all Stunters are "that way" I am about the 180deg difference and just had some hack bent on slandering me. Thanks for your .02cents tho

• 2 weeks later...
450 bucks is crazy, seriously find a friend with a dirtbike

I have done wheelies on my TTR125 no problem. Feels just like doing them on a BMX bike 30 years ago. Don't even have to think about it. But (for me) doing them on a sportbike would be a lot more nerve-racking. Maybe its because I have a lot more dough to loose if I loop it.

The only wheelie Ive ever done on a sportbike was one time, and NOT intentional. Was sitting fairly upright, and cracked the throttle a bit too hard on my 10. Up it went. About filled my shorts. What I want to learn is how NOT to do a wheelie on my 10.