Sun 5/23/10 - Thunder Valley Tactical Steel Match

flounder

I'm running 168 Fed Match. My rifle likes it for most shots. I tested some IMI m118LR 175s and went back to the Federal GM. The 175s did beat the hell out of the M118 Special Ball I used to be stuck with on active duty.

bg003.jpg

campperry.jpg

coin.jpg

Hey, Walther. How do you like the milridian scope adjustments? I've been holding off the bandwagon going to those adjustments. All my rifle data has been in MOA for 18 years of tactical shooting, so it's a big adjustment to me.

Hey, Walther. How do you like the milridian scope adjustments? I've been holding off the bandwagon going to those adjustments. All my rifle data has been in MOA for 18 years of tactical shooting, so it's a big adjustment to me.

So far I like it. It did seem like damn near everyone else was in moa at the match, but my partner was able to call correction for me in mil. It does take some getting used to the different math. I think mil reticle/mil adjustments along with an FFP scope ultimately would make it easier for a spotter to call shots and adjustments better at all ranges.

My only real complaint is I'd like more elevation adjustment.

Remember, roughly 100 shopping days till my birthday folks, everyone can chip in and buy me a Nightforce or a Vortex HD.

Mil is the way to go. There is allot to be said about having a reticle that matches your adjustments and FFP makes it easier yet. My next scope will be mil/mil for damn sure.

for middle of the road cost, the new vortex viper that is coming out should be the cats ass and will most likely be what I put on my 30/338 Norma when I build it.

GSP. did you see me shooting Tims 30/338 Norma at the mile target? talk about fun