Schmuck and MattKatz banter

schmuckingham

And I have got the matching '-5 for sale right now as well for more than book and I have had offers on it over book...but I am just not ready to part with it yet.

Repsols sell....and they are valued higher by far than a 1000 of the same year by about $1K.

Good luck with your sale.

whatever dude, you tried to jew me down on my 07 when I was selling it and I have seen less of that paint scheme than Repsols.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May handle better but generally agreed to be uglier ...

Makes more power, as long as you dont get an oil burner 08

Schmuckingham, that's all you got on this thread? I was expecting so much better.

har har, dont start with me. I still need to throw you a beating from all those damn pictures you sent me

whatever dude, you tried to jew me down on my 07 when I was selling it and I have seen less of that paint scheme than Repsols.

YOur point.....I wasnt willing to pay your price on that 07.....I was willing to buy the repsol for its price though.

Thats my right....Its not personal.

Repsols are ALWAYS a desired bike for many people and do sell quite easily, and if in good shape with the right milage, pull top dollar.

Not to mention they book higher than the regular models , especially since they have their own classification in Value Books....They are not lumped with regualr 1K's. It doesn't matter how many of one color you have seen or are available...simple fact is that this is a repsol, yours was not.

/Story.

YOur point.....I wasnt willing to pay your price on that 07.....I was willing to buy the repsol for its price though.

Thats my right....Its not personal.

Repsols are ALWAYS a desired bike for many people and do sell quite easily, and if in good shape with the right milage, pull top dollar.

Not to mention they book higher than the regular models , especially since they have their own classification in Value Books....They are not lumped with regualr 1K's. It doesn't matter how many of one color you have seen or are available...simple fact is that this is a repsol, yours was not.

/Story.

you know, I wasnt sure if it was or wasnt a Repsol. Thanks for clearing that up.

You offered my 5500 for mine and I was asking 7500, so you would pay the extra 2 grand for plastics.......... thats a good idear.

you know, I wasnt sure if it was or wasnt a Repsol. Thanks for clearing that up.

You offered my 5500 for mine and I was asking 7500, so you would pay the extra 2 grand for plastics.......... thats a good idear.

Got damn! LOL. That's funny

I dodnt pay $7500 for my Repsol.....But I did Pay under book for it....Which you werent offering.

So once again...I ask what your point was.

Theres no fight...I just dont get it.

I dont dictate the Value of the bikes....The Market and book prices are what they are.

I agree the bike is expensive when compared to what some new bikes can be had for in this shitty economy, but Its still a repsol and they hold their value and desire very well and people are willing to pay for "The Plastics".

I mean It sounds to me like maybe someone is still holding a Grudge for someone who made an offer on a Bike?

I buy and sell a Lot of stuff....Bikes included, and an offer is merely that....An offer.

The worst someone can do is say no.

I offered what I was willing to spend on that particular bike at that particular time....and to bbe honest with you Schmuck....I dont even remember the bike nor the offer as I tend to buy and sell that much.

We didn't make a deal and I moved on...and never thought of it again.

I guess it still bothers you to this day though?

I bought that 05 with like 1100 miles WAAAAAAAAAAY Cheaper than that chick wants for her 07 with 15000 miles.. She's nuts.. I bought the repsol from a dealer and it was STUPID cheap.. Repsols arent worth much more than a regular year bike in the same shape.. Maybe $500 more

Bliue book has Repps' for roughly $1K over the same year 1K.

Just FYI....I dont write the books....I just read them.

Books mean nothing.... Market creates the value.. I'm just telling you I bought my repsol CHEAP.. and FROM A DEALER... I bought it Retail about what "book" was for trade in

Just for reference...KBB has the following

'05 1K...$5840

'05 1K Repsol....$6500

'07 1K...$6995

'07 1K Repsol...$7790

Book Value is just that....We dont make this up at all.

And I was just offered $7100 for mine last week and I passed only because I am not sure if I want to part with it or not.

But granted mine only has 3800 miles on it still....so yeah I have only put about 250 on it since I bought it from you last Year Dub.

Bliue book has Repps' for roughly $1K over the same year 1K.

Just FYI....I dont write the books....I just read them.

You keep talking about book value, which tells me that you swear by it. Yet you wanted to pay less than book for Shmuck's bike? Sounds like you were trying to flip it for a profit

You keep talking about book value, which tells me that you swear by it. Yet you wanted to pay less than book for Shmuck's bike? Sounds like you were trying to flip it for a profit

I was actually buying for myself...and at the time I dint have but $5500.....I always buy things that are good deals...If its not....I dont buy.

I personally never overpay for anything.....But doesn't mean others won't, and if they will I will gladly make a buck from it.

I have rarely had to sell a bike this time of year much under book if any at all...OTHER THAN this year.

This year is definately a Bike Buyers year for sure.

Yet you wanted to buy for under book?

What is so hard to understand.

I like to buy things for a good deal....I dont do so unless I can.

This is how I use money wisely.

How hard iis that to understand?

Just because I use my money wisely does not mean that all others do, and if someone is willing to pay book for a bike I bought for $1K cheaper....Then where iis the fault in that.

Its called business.

The guy I bought from accepted the offer I made him, he was happy.

I sell for a price that makes me happy.

The new buyer bought for a price they agreed to and if iit didnt make them happy to buy, they made a mistake.

I dont see the confusion here.

And I dont care...I simply said she is selling for book Value.....This Doesnt mean she will get it with the milage it has...But it is listed at book which is a starting point for a sale.

SO with your reasoning...Since I offered Shmuck less than book for his bike and I was wrong...should I buy this bike at book...and like pay too much?

We all agree its high for the milage, but with your reasoning, if I offer her less, I am in the wrong?

We said its too high....but it iis book value.

Now who is not making sense here?