Been a member for a while, but just getting around to intros

OhioBob

Hi, my friends call me Bob, but you can call me OhioBob. I have been a member here for a while, but just getting around to posting and intros.

I live in small town in Southern Ohio, called Hillsboro. It is about 1+ hour South of Columbus and 1 hour East of Cincy.

I have some great twisty roads down around here. I sometimes forget how lucky I am to live around here. Anyways, I own a 06' VTX1300C and I tend to "Ride It, Like You Stole It". A year + ago, I herinated a disc and have been in physical therapy or continuing physical therapy on my own. I am just now to a point that I can mow the grass, take out the trash and start riding again. So, if anyone is heading this way, give me a shout and I can show you around, if you like.

Also, I am looking at adding a second bike to my stable, either an 05' ZX10R or an 08' CBR1000RR. I know what you are thinking, but with your back condition...well, I plan to street fighter it a bit..add some dirty bars and better cushy seat and my call it a day.

So, if you know anyone selling or thinking of selling one of these models, point them my way, if you would.

I am glad I am a part of this community and look forward to meeting you all.

Ride Often & Ride Safe.

OhioBob

OK, I understand...I mean my Really Cool friends call me OhioBob. LOL...better? LOL

Yeah, I thought about a Ducati StreetFighter...well, because it has the name in it. LOL, but I did check out the Speed Triple, but was more leaning toward the StreetTriple. Actually, this hunt for a second bike all started with the 2003 Z1000. Found one in South Carolina, guy wanted $4000 for it, but I started rethinking about better shocks, better brakes, better power, etc and then thought why not street fighter a literbike instead. However, I really like Honda, I mean I already own one, why not two. LOL....you are going to get me rethinking again, aren't you. LOL

Thanks for making me feel at home. Oh, wait I am at home typing this. LOL

Edited by OhioBob

LOL....you are going to get me rethinking again, aren't you. LOL

Variety is the spice of life. :D

Lets make it spicier.

Aprilia_Tuono.jpg

KTM_Super_Duke_Static1.jpg

Lol, a CBR1K streetfighter would be pretty baller. But I can see some crazy wheelies happening when it hits peak torque in 2nd gear and you're doing 100+. The rearward weight bias due to lifting the bars and shifting your weight back really changes things. Makes for good fun. Did it to my Aprilia once.

Welcome to the site. Enjoy your ride.

All roads lead to Hillsboro, in that part of the state. I'm through there often in the warm months. Got any suggestions for Diners in the area?

Head down St Rte 247 to Seaman, OH...cross over St Rte 32 to Cruisers. Or Dakotas in Hillsboro across from Walmart on Harry Sauner Rd. Or if in Chillicothe, head over to Old Canal Smoke House on Water Street.

If heading down this way on a Saturday, let me know and I will meet up and ride.

Hope this helps.

OhioBob