Not a motorcyclist, but two wheels. Sad.

redrocket04

Ouch.

Yeah, I would never ride my bike on the main roads. I always went bike path or sidewalk. You'd have to pay me pretty damn well for me to ride a slow pedal bike on a road where cars and motorcyclists travel at speeds that you can't keep up with. I'm totally against how we have laws that allow anything other than "motorized" vehicles on roadways. Just my opinion.

RIP young man. :(

I'm totally against how we have laws that allow anything other than "motorized" vehicles on roadways. Just my opinion.

RIP young man. :(

I remember it was not to long ago that many law makers were yelling for laws that limited the horsepower of Open Class Sportbikes due to the failure of some riders to follow the basic laws of the road on them and they were afraid that the riders of these high horsepower motorcycles would kill themselves and others. Be careful with wanting laws that impose restrictions on your freedom to ride what you want.

I have been riding road bikes (bicycles) on the road for over 20 years and i ride around 9,000 miles per year and knock on wood I have never had any issues with traffic. Maybe you need to look past the bike Nick and look at who is riding it and how.

I remember it was not to long ago that many law makers were yelling for laws that limited the horsepower of Open Class Sportbikes due to the failure of some riders to follow the basic laws of the road on them and they were afraid that the riders of these high horsepower motorcycles would kill themselves and others. Be careful with wanting laws that impose restrictions on your freedom to ride what you want.

I have been riding road bikes (bicycles) on the road for over 20 years and i ride around 9,000 miles per year and knock on wood I have never had any issues with traffic. Maybe you need to look past the bike Nick and look at who is riding it and how.

You ride your bike a little more than I do. I was just shy of 4,000 miles on my bike last season. Glad I'm not the only one on here that rides. I've never had any issues with traffic, either, other than the occasional car going by yelling out the window without thinking of the doppler effect. lol.

This is the driver's fault PERIOD you can't blame the guy for riding his bike on the road and getting hit. That is plain stupid, and unless we have bike paths and/or sidewalks everywhere you can't expect bikes to not be on the roads. What that driver did was despicable and I hope the catch him and try him for vehicular homicide.