American Idol rigged

Fonzie

:nono: Don't normally watch American Idol, but had to tonight of course, to root for the Toledo girl.

Gimme a break.... NO WAY Lee was better than Crystal! :mad:

Her range is PHENOMENALLY better than his.... He sounds the same on every song & can't hit any higher notes. I'll bet $10 Crystal goes farther in her music career than he EVER does.

On a sidenote.... Anyone else think Janet sounded JUST like Michael tonight???

Edited by Fonzie

Gimme a break.... You guys'd be all over it if a cBus girl was on there :bigfinger:

Anyone that can cover a Christina Aguilera song & legitimately hit all those range of notes.... Deserves to win

Gimme a break.... You guys'd be all over it if a cBus girl was on there :bigfinger:

Anyone that can cover a Christina Aguilera song & legitimately hit all those range of notes.... Deserves to win

Nope, not me. :biggerfinger: :flingpoo::lol:

I never really liked AI, ever! There have been some really good performers come out of it, and not just the "winners"...

i think lee is a better singer. the big difference to me was i could see lee having a cd crystal just seemed like a coffee shop singer very talented but still a coffee singer. They will both get record deals anyway. there is no loser.

:nono: Don't normally watch American Idol, but had to tonight of course, to root for the Toledo girl.

Gimme a break.... NO WAY Lee was better than Crystal! :mad:

Her range is PHENOMENALLY better than his.... He sounds the same on every song & can't hit any higher notes. I'll bet $10 Crystal goes farther in her music career than he EVER does.

On a sidenote.... Anyone else think Janet sounded JUST like Michael tonight???

Yes. If it was purely...a singing competition. Crystal won....hands down. Since it is also a popularity contest...Lee won.

Out of the 2...you can't really be upset with who won/lost. Sure...they were both good/great (Crystal all biasness aside, sounded better) but they will both get record deals. And on Tuesday's show...i really felt Crystal went out of her way to incite votes with sympathy (crying) and ass kissing. Not to mention...her subtle cockiness.

In a perfect world...just out of sheer talent...Crystal would go farther and sell more records. But...as we know it is not. Unfortunately as good as she is, she's not as commercial as Lee. So we'll likely see Lee sell more records, and go farther. Not saying it's right at all, but that's the way it works.

And yes...Janet did sound exactly like Michael. Which...was rather creepy. I kept wondering if she was lip singing and they were using a recording of him.

seriously, how could you believe with a straight face that this "contest" wasn't rigged from the start? Even more so with someone like Simon, who has proven again and again he'll do what it takes to get and maintain ratings and therefore stay on the air.

wake up, sheeple!

... she's not as commercial as Lee. So we'll likely see Lee sell more records, and go farther. Not saying it's right at all, but that's the way it works.

What exactly do you mean by "She's not as commercial" Shawn, & what makes Lee moreso?? Because she's a singer/songwriter, & he's just a coverboy?? Is that why F4 just sees her as a coffeeshop girl :dunno:

Like I said before.... I hardly EVAR watch AI. I can count on one hand, literally, how many shows I've ever watched in all the seasons combined. It just would've been reeeally cool to say this winner was a hometown girl.... Especially since she's so talented & truly deserving

And yes...Janet did sound exactly like Michael. Which...was rather creepy. I kept wondering if she was lip synching and they were using a recording of him.
Same thing we kept wondering at first! But even when she did Nasty Boys, it kinda sounded like him, and I doubt he's ever sung that song for her to be able to synch to

Did give me the idea though.... Be cool if she did a Natalie/Nat King Cole duet like "Unforgettable". I bet that'd sell a SHIT TON of copies!

I agree with ya. Honestly I thought she would win the whole thing when I first show her on the audition show. I think she had the right character and was different from the rest. But I think that guy fits the perfect cookie-cutter image for the pop music scene and american idol. I dont wanna sound like a queen or anything but unicorns are kickass :metal::lol:

What exactly do you mean by "She's not as commercial" Shawn, & what makes Lee moreso?? Because she's a singer/songwriter, & he's just a coverboy?? Is that why F4 just sees her as a coffeeshop girl :dunno:

Like I said before.... I hardly EVAR watch AI. I can count on one hand, literally, how many shows I've ever watched in all the seasons combined. It just would've been reeeally cool to say this winner was a hometown girl.... Especially since she's so talented & truly deserving

Same thing we kept wondering at first! But even when she did Nasty Boys, it kinda sounded like him, and I doubt he's ever sung that song for her to be able to synch to

Did give me the idea though.... Be cool if she did a Natalie/Nat King Cole duet like "Unforgettable". I bet that'd sell a SHIT TON of copies!

Well. Let's face it. Crystal isn't exactly a Carrie Underwood. Sure, she can sing the phonebook...and do it well...but she's not a streamlined...commercial "barbie doll". She's different. With her dreads, and her one missing tooth. She has a indie, old school vibe. Ala Me and Bobby Mcgee, Ala Janis Joplin.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Unfortunately that's not what most people want to see. They want the sexy Carrie Undewood's and the pretty boy's. Aka Kris Allen.

Lee is somewhat of a pretty boy. He sounds good, but no where near what Crystal does. You know there will be hundreds of teenage girls buying his music for years to come. As for as Crystal...she's not mainstream...so finding her ideal fan base will be a little tougher.

Again...not saying it's right, it's actually pretty damn sad...but it's the way it is.

I would have liked to see Crystal win for sure...just being an Ohioan. She did a great job all season coming off hard working, humble, determined and deserving. Except for this Tuesday she threw it all away imo.

The very 1st song...sounded like him more than anything. A couple people i watched it with mention it sounded exactly like him as well.

And...i wouldn't be surprised if Michael sang "nasty boys" either. :nono:

Gotcha.... I can agree with all that.... She's definitely her own person, unique. Janis Joplin... My wife said the same exact thing. I get the hippie part of it, but voice & face.... Nahhh. Janis was reeeeally homely, & had more of a bluesy, folksy, just drank a quart of Johnny Walker & smoke a pack of cigs voice

What is this American Idol we speak of? And Fonz, did you really start this thread? American Idol sucks! So you think you can dance is where it's at booooiiii!!!

:lol: