Welfare Reform!

Gooner

Reading an English newspaper online the other day, it was noted that the extremely lavish welfare system will have to be re evaluated as the country is literally bankrupt after Tony Blairs disasterous government and can no longer continue as is. (a couple with 9 kids that have not worked in 9 years yet have a home and a mercedes out front springs to mind as one of the worst cases)

When I came to the states I had to sign all kinds of paperwork to make sure that I would "never be a burden on the American taxpayer"!!

Rightly so!

However, as I pay my taxes and work 7 days a week to make sure I have Health Insurance and my beloved ZX14 and enough money for the gas to hit hwy 1, I wondered what the takers were taking and what the givers where giving.

When I ran the Pig Iron in columbus, a guy from across the street in Dairy Queen used to come in really pissed that there was a line of single mothers waiting to purchase the premium ice creams on sale there with FOOD STAMPS!

Apparently there is a loophole with food stamps.

Then I had an old cook turn up wanting to get a job in the kitchen as he had taken the year off to claim unemployment and it was coming to an end.

Apparently there is little incentive to go back to work!

And more recently here in bankrupt California,a local lady was explaining to me that a woman with 5 kids and no husband was renting a house from her at $1400 per month with section 8 picking up $1200 of it.

Seems she gets $800 in foodstamps and healthcare thrown in!

Surely that must be the equivalent of having the government give you a $40,000 job per annum just for breeding.

I am all for helping people out, but when you get to such a lavish level of benefits you just have to calculate--

what are you putting in and what are you taking out?

It is even worse when you notice the massive amounts of illegal immigrants here that birth 5 each at roughly 5K a pop after paying next to nothing in. and I would hate to think of the education/food stamps etc spent on the products of someone that should not even be here!!

the whole system seems fucked if you ask me!

Well?

Thoughts?

I'm not sure where these people are from and how they are getting what they have, cause technically I'm a single mother and since I'm in school i get help with daycare and thats all i get...

If not Riley's daycare is $800 a month, being a college student there is no way in hell i could ever pay for that.. But when it comes to taking cash assistance and not needing it is not right..

Even though i get the little that i do they come and check on you and call you to make sure your info is still up to date.. I'm not sure how they would get away with having a Mercedes and not paying for their house..

They always send investigators to talk to neighbors and such to make sure your not lying about who lives with you and how much you make...

oh shit here we go im going to put my two weeks in tommrow by june ill have a mercedes and maybe i can finally get rid of the katana 11 and go get a busa hellz yeah . its over im glad theres finally a get rich quick scheme that works .lol can you go to red lobster with food stamps too this is gonna be great guys .

I know first hand how it goes, I see it all the time with rentals and my friend manages project housing. Single moms sign up for every program they can find and the drug dealer boyfriend stays a few nights a week and they drive Chevy tahoe or something similar..... you see them lined up in front of the projects. Most of these people work harder at scamming the system than they would at a respectable job.

Somehow it just doesn't make sense to pay millions to scammers so they can stay at home and do nothing while keeping the borders wide open for illegals to come in and take jobs, get paid under the table, contribute nothing in tax revenue and send money out of the country. But if you ask a liberal....... it usually makes perfect sense to them..........

Maybe we should put the Conklins in charge of the welfare system.

You wouldn't get upset about seeing a crackwhore get beat with an iron bar.

At least I woudnt.

There are time lines. You can only get assistant for a period of time. Cash assistance you can only get for up to 3 years.. That's it. Housing doesn't have a limit, and neither does medical. But I'm in school and they won't allow me to get Medicaid because u of a has doctors. Well for one if you need medication it's out of your pocket and it's not cheap, also it's not like they dental.

I'm not sure where these people are from and how they are getting what they have, cause technically I'm a single mother and since I'm in school i get help with daycare and thats all i get...

If not Riley's daycare is $800 a month, being a college student there is no way in hell i could ever pay for that.. But when it comes to taking cash assistance and not needing it is not right..

Even though i get the little that i do they come and check on you and call you to make sure your info is still up to date.. I'm not sure how they would get away with having a Mercedes and not paying for their house..

They always send investigators to talk to neighbors and such to make sure your not lying about who lives with you and how much you make...

Didn't read much past this post, but I'll say "I feel ya." I have an 11 month old daughter and it's $800/mo for her daycare. I'm w/ her mother and our household income is over $50k but under $100k. With all the expenses of everything, we live a modest life. Just wanted to throw that out there.

welfare needs to be a means to transition someone into supporting themselves, not an indefinite paycheck for existing.

People fall on hard times. I think they should receive AID, but not be supported completely by tax dollars. And I think once they're back on their feet, they should have to pay back at least some portion of the aid they received.

And limit the total number of years a person can be on welfare throughout their lifetime. You can apply for extensions in extreme situations, but it would need to be an immediate review process to avoid injunctions and milking the system during the 'appeal' process.