6/25/06

Casper

Anybody interested in cruising out to the Wright-Patt AirForce Museum on Sunday? I'm thinking leave Columbus around 10a. Get there by 12p taking backroads and just cruising. Hang out at the museum, take some pics of the bikes with the jets and rockets, grab food, etc. Then ride back. The museum is free. The only costs would be food and gas. I've been wanting to cruise down Rt 40 for awhile. This would be a good way to get there. We could take Rt 40 to Rt 571. That turns into 675. Take that to exit 15. Bam, you're there. It would be a damn nice cruise. So, who's interested?

Anybody interested in cruising out to the Wright-Patt AirForce Museum on Sunday? I'm thinking leave Columbus around 10a. Get there by 12p taking backroads and just cruising. Hang out at the museum, take some pics of the bikes with the jets and rockets, grab food, etc. Then ride back. The museum is free. The only costs would be food and gas. I've been wanting to cruise down Rt 40 for awhile. This would be a good way to get there. We could take Rt 40 to Rt 571. That turns into 675. Take that to exit 15. Bam, you're there. It would be a damn nice cruise. So, who's interested?

Mm...I'm interested. Are there any less straight routes to get there?

I'm not sure. I've wanted to cruise down 40 though because of the historic factor (you know, before 70 it was THE way to travel across Ohio and the rest of the country). There are all kinds of old things to see on the way out. I'm sure we can find some twisty detours though. There are some other guys who aren't on here yet wanting to go. This Phil guy just emailed it out to 30 people, all not on OhioRiders. We're talking about meeting at Polaris around 9:30a.

I'm originally from London, Ohio (right next to 40). There is a place called Red Brick Tavern there. Can't remember the name of the 'burg there. Tons of Presidents from years ago had stayed there when Rt 40 was the Old National Road. Check out the bar area if you stop and eat. Decent food too.

Dan (dan523) is going. He lives just outside of West Jeff so we're going to stop there on the way out to meet up with him. West Jeff is on Rt 40 for those of you who didn't know that already.

I'm originally from London, Ohio (right next to 40). There is a place called Red Brick Tavern there. Can't remember the name of the 'burg there. Tons of Presidents from years ago had stayed there when Rt 40 was the Old National Road. Check out the bar area if you stop and eat. Decent food too.

Yeah, that was one of the places I read about. I definitely want to check that out, either on the way there or the way back. Probably the way back. I'd like to take a shitload of bike pics this weekend. Start a photo gallery on here of our cruises.

Do we have a time (looks like 9:30am) and a place (Polaris? But where on Polaris?)

Okay, we're meeting at Lowes on Polaris at 9:30a. We'll be rolling out promptly at 10a. We're meeting with the second part of the group in West Jeff at Kitchens Grocery around 10:30a.

Do we have a time (looks like 9:30am) and a place (Polaris? But where on Polaris?)

Okay, we're meeting at Lowes on Polaris at 9:30a. We'll be rolling out promptly at 10a. We're meeting with the second part of the group in West Jeff at Kitchens Grocery around 10:30a.

Do we have a blind smiley?

This will do: 8)

We are headed to Cleve for that stunt show tomorrow.

I wanted to go to that show...but cant get saturday night off...take a shit load pictures putty....[/quote:486ac]

I will..I think we are going to take off today, when the weather finally breaks.