Carbon on a Z06 Vette!

35RFTW

This is just the start as now that the guy has seen the stuff, we are going to be doing a lot more of his interior. Just started with his cluster surround. Sorry for the not so great pictures.

Here it is unwrapped and uninstalled.

carboncorvette001.jpg

Before we put it back in the car.

carboncorvette003.jpg

And now back in the car.

carboncorvette007.jpg

carboncorvette005.jpg

ccorvette006.jpg

Ill be honest, it appears you do good work and Im a fan of CF but... Im more a fan of CF parts and not CF wrapped parts if possible.

Now if you could get in to replicating parts only in CF, I would think you would do well assuming its cost effective for both you and the customer.

Ill be honest, it appears you do good work and Im a fan of CF but... Im more a fan of CF parts and not CF wrapped parts if possible.

Now if you could get in to replicating parts only in CF, I would think you would do well assuming its cost effective for both you and the customer.

Sure, they might have some different customers if they replicated parts in CF, but it seems they are doing alright with their wrapping jobs as it is. If there is someone who is willing to use that service then good for them for hitting that market.

so he bought a fast, light car, and then started modifying it to look lighter, but not actually be lighter?

i guess I've never had enough money to understand the (lack of?) logic.

Pay attention and maybe you can save yourself some money. What most of you are not getting is that most interior parts or even plastic fairing on a bike that get wrapped are just as light and in some cases lighter than real carbon pieces. Why you ask? Because unless you have so much money you do not know what to do with it and are buying dry carbon that has been vacuum bagged and laid in a pressure chamber, the carbon you are getting is heavy and probably backed by fiberglass. I drive an Evo. My stock aluminum hood is lighter than 90% of the carbon hoods available. So because I like the carbon look, I may elect to wrap it. What is wrong with that. I have stated many times this is an aesthetic mod only. I would appreciate if the people who are above putting it on their bikes keep their comments to their self.

Are you the one actually installing this CF wrap? those little holes a pain to keep it sticking or do u have extra in the back to help it stick?

That is us doing the wrapping. We have a glue that goes in areas where a little extra grip is needed.

Because unless you have so much money you do not know what to do with it and are buying dry carbon that has been vacuum bagged and laid in a pressure chamber

This.

If you want "true" carbon fiber pieces. Autoclave is the only way to go. Guess what, that's stupid expensive. Then people wonder why small CF parts cost so much. lol My damn Aprilia fenders are autoclave parts if I remember correctly. They're like $250-300/piece.

As for the look, it's close but still not the same as the real thing. So, if you got the money, pony up. I'm sure someone will make you parts. If not, quit complaining that it isn't legit.

We do not have any other colors that the black dry carbon. If enough interest was shown, I could get others. I have about 600 colors/textures to pick from. Marble to wood grain, they have about everything.