Anyone surprised by this? Not me...

CattaniAFJ

Pull your head of the party's ass for just a second, comrade.

There is no doubt that something can and should be done to reduce our country's dependence on oil, however, using this crisis to try to sell cap and trade as the BEST move we can make is pure bullshit.

Jesus. Calm down old man river.

I'm just asking the question so Cattani can clarify his stance. I wasn't pushing a political agenda. Seems you concur with me in the bold statement. I guess I didn't read the article close enough to see any promotion of cap and trade, but I'll go back and read it more thoroughly just in case you need called out.

Jesus. Calm down old man river.

I'm just asking the question so Cattani can clarify his stance. I wasn't pushing a political agenda. Seems you concur with me in the bold statement. I guess I didn't read the article close enough to see any promotion of cap and trade, but I'll go back and read it more thoroughly just in case you need called out.

The article may not call out cap and trade, and Barry may not have said it directly about this situation, but I'm sure it's in his mind! Oh how nice it would be to read his mind... Although, it would probably come up blank!

Lower prices?

Gas near me went from $2.43 this past weekend to $2.65 monday to $2.76 today for regular. :nono::(

I miss the sub $2.00 prices, or even closer to $1.00 from when I started driving!

What I was referring to is in comparison to the $4.00 prices we were seeing a few years ago.

"Every day seems to bring more bad news about the size and scope of this crisis, and reversing that trend should be the president's priority," said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Kentucky.

The President should be worried about corralling in the truth so people minimize the severity of the situation? Just report the truth and people can just for themselves the severity. Yea, Mr. McConnell has his priorities in order. :rolleyes:

"The White House may view this oil spill as an opportunity to push its agenda in Washington, but Americans are more concerned about what it plans to do to solve the crisis at hand," McConnell said.

Kind of like how setting your house on fire is a great marketing tool for a fire extinguisher. WTF? You want the President to clean up the problem, but not in a way that changes how business is currently conducted or prevent this in the future? The cake is a lie.

He complained the energy reform legislation supported by Obama also is endorsed by BP and will "raise energy prices for every American family and business" but "won't end our dependence on foreign oil or protect the coastline and marshes of the Gulf coast."

Sauce?

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said the administration's focus should be on stopping the leak, not pushing Obama's policies.

I wonder if the man from Texas has an oil derrick in this fight?

"I am concerned the administration is attempting to capitalize on public outrage over the spill in order to push through a cap-and-trade bill that will significantly raise energy prices for all Americans and add more burdens on businesses," Hutchison said in a statement. "Right now, the president's number one priority needs to be keeping the jobs in the energy sector from going overseas and restoring the Gulf of Mexico."

Wow, talk about partisan agendas there... lots of rhetoric and political posturing, and complaining -- yet offering no solutions other than "stay the course" or "don't change". Is "Don't Change" an acceptable solution at this point? This isn't like "Ohh, I spilled milk on the floor, I'll just clean it up and 'honest injun' I'll be more careful next time"... this is a pretty big deal that'll cost US a pretty penny. How much? I dunno -- someone find the numbers cap-and-trade costs vs. cleaning this mess up and compensating the lost tourism, fishing, and other affected industries by this ecological disaster.