Carbon on a ZX10R!

35RFTW

Looks good, I would have done the front fender too.

Why does the exhaust look different? Is that a different wrap, or the difference between the real stuff and wrap?

It's the difference between "dry" carbon fiber and clearcoated carbon fiber. There are two different looks to real carbon fiber, the base look (dry) after being autoclaved, and the glossy look which is just clear coated carbon fiber. This wrap mimics the dry, which actually I personally think is a much more legitimate look for being fake stuff.

So the can would look pretty damn close to the wrap (even though the CF can is real CF) if it wasn't clear coated.

Why does the exhaust look different? Is that a different wrap, or the difference between the real stuff and wrap?

you cant tell what is real and what is wrap?the exhaust is real carbon fiber

dry laid CF kinda sort looks like what the wrapped parts look like. dry laid looks different than wet laid (the muffler being wet laid).

at least... that's what she said.

It looks better in person for sure. Pictures really do this stuff an injustice.

how much does that stuff cost to do?

Depends on the parts needing to be wrapped. We sell it for $24 for a 4x1 sheet, $48 for 4x2, ect. if you want to do it yourself.

That looks pretty sweet.

Thanks!

dry laid CF kinda sort looks like what the wrapped parts look like. dry laid looks different than wet laid (the muffler being wet laid).

at least... that's what she said.

^ This.

Guess which one of these is fake carbon fiber?

carbonfiber.jpg

A: Neither.