replacement bar clamps for barkbusters?

palandor

Not sure if this is the right spot, but I'll put it here and mods can move it if they need to.

I went out dirt riding today and learned a few things. In the process of dumping it, the split clamp around the handlebar that screws together and connects to the barkbuster broke (it's still fine at the bar end). I broke a clamp once before and so far am thoroughly unimpressed by the junky aluminum clamps.

What have y'all done to secure the barkbusters to your handlebars? What works without breaking? I'm tempted to try and rig up something with a circle clamp and a piece of metal bar (perhaps a U shape to negate some of the twisting/pushing/pulling force). I could try a triple clamp, but don't have angle or space problems and am under the impression that's what those are for; I'd hate to buy one and break it the next day...

Thanks,

-b

Sounds like bad BB's or the app. is way off. What's works without breaking? Don't flop it for starters... lol Busters are for plowing through big weeds and small/med/big? tree's. Plastic guards add a little flex bouncing around I've found, but they dont last as long. The key is having the right guards for the right bars,and you get what you pay for. I'm running Moose on pro-tapers fitted on my hemi and the only thing breaking is gonna be me ..Gulp