Cool RC30 video. Beautiful...

Moto-Brian

I'm pretty sure that if Honda could still make money building bikes like that they'd be a lot more "passionate" about the whole thing.

Cool video though.

True, but even before the economy took a dump, they have been "middle of the road" on everything... They need to go back and revisit these types of machines and start fresh...

True, but even before the economy took a dump, they have been "middle of the road" on everything... They need to go back and revisit these types of machines and start fresh...
i personally feel they have been "playing it safe" for a quite awhile now, and going on the rock solid reliability as a method of selling cars and motorcycles

Most large companies (like Honda, Suzuki, etc.) exist for one purpose only - to make money for the shareholders. Building "one off", high end, hand assembled enthusiast pieces, while VERY nice and highly desirable, doesn't pay the bills.

There are companies that still do that (NCR comes to mind) but the cost of entry is wayyyyy high.

You'll never see the Japanese motorcycle companies build anything like the old RC-30's any time soon because there's not nearly enough money in it.

Most large companies (like Honda, Suzuki, etc.) exist for one purpose only - to make money for the shareholders. Building "one off", high end, hand assembled enthusiast pieces, while VERY nice and highly desirable, doesn't pay the bills.

There are companies that still do that (NCR comes to mind) but the cost of entry is wayyyyy high.

You'll never see the Japanese motorcycle companies build anything like the old RC-30's any time soon because there's not nearly enough money in it.

100% truth.

It's sad to hear a company that used to be so passionate about building the perfect machine get overan by demands of lower cost/higher return based markets. I am sure almost every engineer at Honda wants to build the highest quality hands on parts and overall bikes but we have grown accustomed to the easily marketable side not the strictly engineered side :(

It's sad to hear a company that used to be so passionate about building the perfect machine get overan by demands of lower cost/higher return based markets. I am sure almost every engineer at Honda wants to build the highest quality hands on parts and overall bikes but we have grown accustomed to the easily marketable side not the strictly engineered side :(

You wouldn't be sad if you were a share holder.

Saying the engineers are turning out a low quality part or system because they don't build bikes that appeal to a narrow market is bullshit. Often times an engineer's JOB is to reduce cost through a more efficient part design or streamlining the assembly/manufacturing process.

If I were a Honda Engineer, I'd tell you to go fuck yourself.

You wouldn't be sad if you were a share holder.

Saying the engineers are turning out a low quality part or system because they don't build bikes that appeal to a narrow market is bullshit. Often times an engineer's JOB is to reduce cost through a more efficient part design or streamlining the assembly/manufacturing process.

If I were a Honda Engineer, I'd tell you to go fuck yourself.

Not gonna lie, I just LOL'd