no a/c...fml

mrmako777

so ive been rolling around since the spring with no a/c in the car and today i wake up to find out the a/c in my house is out too...fml. so, any car guys out there that can gimme a heads up on pricing to recharge my a/c? any hvac guys out there that can help me my central air working again? if anyone knows anyone that can help out a poor guy, please let me know! :(

Have you tried adding a can of refrigerant to your car? Maybe it's just low. It's very easy to do on a car. The can, pressure gauge, and hose is only 20 bucks or so. The people at the auto parts store will probably help you do it or at least point to where you add it.

a/c in the car is never as simple as "recharging it"

it needs recharged because it has all leaked out, refrigerant doesnt wear out over time, and its a sealed system

you need to see a shop or get a kit to do it yourself and run a dye through the system...then you can find where its leaking it and start to fix it....a/c work can get expensive quick!

for the home a/c, theres a guy on columbus racing thats a sponsor and has done some good work for people... Air Quest is his company

614.866-COOL (2665)

Edited by Steve Butters

Check your breaker and check your disconnect outside. Make sure your outside breakers are good.

Every time a storm comes in and flickers the power, my A/c breaker pops. Might be all that it is.

And yeah your car is low because it all leaked out somewhere. Like Tbutera said, you need to get it recharged then ad some UV dye to find out where the leak is. Then get it fixed and recharge it again.

Recharging the a/c 99% of the time in a car will get it working again. The question is for how long. That depends on the size of your leak. Recharge it, put dye in it, and go from there. Most shops charge by the ounce for a recharge so depending on the type of car and how much refrigerant it takes will determine cost. There should be a sticker under the hood with your a/c info on it that way u can get a better answer if u decide to call around.

Recharging the a/c 99% of the time in a car will get it working again. The question is for how long. That depends on the size of your leak. Recharge it, put dye in it, and go from there. Most shops charge by the ounce for a recharge so depending on the type of car and how much refrigerant it takes will determine cost. There should be a sticker under the hood with your a/c info on it that way u can get a better answer if u decide to call around.

if its a beater car, just use the can...and just add refrigerant until the gauge is in the right zone....much cheaper

if its a nice car, dont add the canned shit...a lot of shops wont touch them after they have that stuff in them

what does or doesn't the house HVAC do?

Does it cycle on and just blow hot air

does it cycle on and not blow any air

just does nothing.... do you know age of unit?

If you can hear the compressor kick on and hum, but no cold air blowing... I'm leaning towards the condenser fan motor. Either the motor itself or a compacitor.

what does or doesn't the house HVAC do?

Does it cycle on and just blow hot air

does it cycle on and not blow any air

just does nothing.... do you know age of unit?

If you can hear the compressor kick on and hum, but no cold air blowing... I'm leaning towards the condenser fan motor. Either the motor itself or a compacitor.

When I turn it on, I can hear the fan turn on, but it doesn't blow any cool air. The outside unit does not come on at all and I cannot hear the condenser come on either

Check capacitor like i said. Make sure you are not touching metal. A long screw driver works well

service guy just came, it was the capicator like you said. i have air now! woot! thanks guys for all your input! :D