2008 R6 Performance Parts

Decimation

Real gains will only be had by a real exhaust. You want power? Build yourself a race airbox (preferably out of pre-preg autoclaved carbon fiber for weight), purchase a full exhaust in some exotic metal (titanium, unobtanium, etc), purchase a Bazzaz tuning suite if it's available, and pay for a shit-ton of dyno time and someone who knows what the hell they are doing to tune it. It's a 600cc motor that revs to 16,500. It literally can't spin any higher to make power. The only thing you can do is make it get air into and out of the cylinders as efficiently as possible. Even then, I'm guessing 10-12 horsepower more at the wheel for like $3,500.

You're better off spending that money on a 520 chain, gearing down, and purchasing a set of Marchesini forged aluminum wheels. If you don't understand why I just listed those items. GTFO.

revs to 19k.

google is useful, sometimes.

on the other hand, sometimes it's easier to ask a human being.

This shit's worse than a political debate.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude.. seriously get your facts straight!! omg before you bust some one for being wrong.. when you dont know...

it has a tach that reads up to 19k.. correct..

it revs to 16.5k.. with a safety overrev to 17.2k

trust me i know ive taken it that far.... and for best power you should actually shift at 15.5 to 16 max.. just fyi

dude.. seriously get your facts straight!! omg before you bust some one for being wrong.. when you dont know...

it has a tach that reads up to 19k.. correct..

it revs to 16.5k.. with a safety overrev to 17.2k

This. It's also a known fact that Yamaha lied about the actual redline of the bike being 17,500 rpm. The tach is a little too optimistic.

Now refer to my signature.

on the other hand, sometimes it's easier to ask a human being.

This shit's worse than a political debate.

You asked. Natedogg gave you the most informative and well thought out post in the thread in post #3. I agree with pretty much everything he said. As soon as you basically called him an idiot though, by saying that you can't trust people on the Internet, well you lost that valuable info.

Don't come in asking for advice and then offend the people giving you advice, especially when you obviously don't understand the basic mechanics.

My bad, thought it went for 06-08. My buddy's 06 is like that.

did he have to sign off on some papers from yamaha? when i was in the market i was looking at the r6 also and they were gonna make me sign a bunch of papers if i bought it about them lying on the tach.......

i think that was probably a dealer issue, not corporate yamaha. if you were a prior owner of the 06 R6 when the "tach-gate" issue came out, Yamaha gave you two options. one was full refund, or..... deal with it? i just forgot what the other option was when i started typing...

i think that was probably a dealer issue, not corporate yamaha. if you were a prior owner of the 06 R6 when the "tach-gate" issue came out, Yamaha gave you two options. one was full refund, or..... deal with it? i just forgot what the other option was when i started typing...

i think it was that you recognized it was wrong and couldnt ask for a refund leter on.

did he have to sign off on some papers from yamaha? when i was in the market i was looking at the r6 also and they were gonna make me sign a bunch of papers if i bought it about them lying on the tach.......

He bought it used. So no.

lol its all good ya 06-07 tach was a bs.. the 08-10 the tach issues were resolved... again it reads to 19k on the tach.. very optimistic, it will rev freely til 16,500 and still make some power till then.. the overrev to 17,200 is merely a saftey gate so people arent bounching of the tach limit there is so much power loss from 16,5 to 17,2 that you really must shift between 15,500 and 16,000 to avoid the powerloss

Makes sense. Most engines are like that. I shift at 9500 even though redline is 10,500 and limiter is 10,800. It doesn't make any more power past 9500 and when I drop to the next gear I'm right at torque peak.

Mmmm, torque peak..

• 2 weeks later...

EXUP, LOL haha ... anyhow, mine's disconnected based upon my own thorough observations.

The EXUP doesn't open or modulate in neutral

The EXUP operates under load

The EXUP's 100% open before 4,000 rpm's

If your expecting power, from a 600, as low as that, then you are a crackhead!