All Ohio Bike Fest (formerly Honda Homecoming), Ride for Kids - who's going?

DGTL GRL

:badgerrock:

Thursday 7/22 begins the All Ohio Bike Fest formerly known as the Honda Homecoming in Marysville. http://www.unioncountycvb.com/AllOhioBikeFest.aspx or the printabl e schedule : http://www.unioncountycvb.com/sites/7/Documents/AOBF%20Schedule%20of%20Events%202010.pdf

Rain or shine I'll be there. I already live in the 'Ville so that's a gimme.

Who else is going to play in the rain?

Parade of lights is Friday night.

Also---- anyone else doing the Ride for Kids (promotes awareness of Pediatric Brain Tumors in children, Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation) on Saturday 7/24 at 10am?

My husband, myself, and a couple others are doing the ride. For those who want to know.. it is tax deductible. http://www.pbtfus.org/rideforkids/calendar/2010/marysville.html

Hope to see everyone there sporting their Frog Togs!

:dj:

-DGTL GRL aka Christina

Iron Pony sells lights.

SAMBUSA-- they have a light show.. 'parade of lights' where if you have lights on your bike people turn them on and cruise along the parade route. *I* do not have lights on my bike.. but my husband found out his had them on it. He bought his last June whe I bought mine and when he washed his bike for the first time discovered a switch under the seat.

picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=4823&thumb=1

Iron Pony sells lights.

SAMBUSA-- they have a light show.. 'parade of lights' where if you have lights on your bike people turn them on and cruise along the parade route. *I* do not have lights on my bike.. but my husband found out his had them on it. He bought his last June whe I bought mine and when he washed his bike for the first time discovered a switch under the seat.

picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=4823&thumb=1

Gotcha. There for a minute, I thought he was lost :lol:

Being a fellow 'Ville person, I also plan on going on it. I'll probably be in town a lot, taunting all the Hondas that are bound to show up... you should flag me down if you see me.

I am also wanting to go on Friday's Covered Bridge ride. That was the only event that I actually heard good things about from last year.

Being a fellow 'Ville person, I also plan on going on it. I'll probably be in town a lot, taunting all the Hondas that are bound to show up... you should flag me down if you see me.

I am also wanting to go on Friday's Covered Bridge ride. That was the only event that I actually heard good things about from last year.

I'm sure there will be plenty of taunting back atchya.

I'll flag ya if I see ya. I doubt I'll do Friday's ride, but the Ride for Kids also does the covered bridges from what I heard last year.

First event starts at 9am this morning. See link above for printable schedule of events.

'Fest' goes through Saturday night. Double Barrel is the scheduled entertainment at Honda Marysville.

Fantastic band! I worked with them and Downplay where they both donated their talent and played for free near Ohio State for Rock the Vote. Awesome!

Sure was a beautiful day today for the Ride for Kids. Extremely hot out, but I'd much rather have heat, instead of cold.

My first ride with these guys, but it seemed like a fantastic turnout.

I wasn't happy with that $35 min donation to register, as I had no idea about it. Oh well, hope it helps the kids.

I did end up meeting Dgtl Grl there.. It didn't matter that I was the Only Busa there.. She noticed me because of my Bootycall plate! Yup.. All the chicks notice the license plate!

End result... I had a lot of fun.. And waved at everyone i could. I of course, had to twist the throttle a little extra at the few hawt chicks that were on the side of the road waving at us.

Edited by danballa

How did the same guy get his name picked twice? Sure sounds like it's rigged! Least he wasn't allowed to get both items.

Yeah.. There isn't really much that goes on for the most part. This ride is/was by far the biggest event that I've seen. Honda homecoming used to be awesome.. Now this all Ohio bike fest thing is.. Well.. Pretty embarrassing

Sure was a beautiful day today for the Ride for Kids. Extremely hot out, but I'd much rather have heat, instead of cold.

My first ride with these guys, but it seemed like a fantastic turnout.

I wasn't happy with that $35 min donation to register, as I had no idea about it. Oh well, hope it helps the kids.

I did end up meeting Dgtl Grl there.. It didn't matter that I was the Only Busa there.. She noticed me because of my Bootycall plate! Yup.. All the chicks notice the license plate!

End result... I had a lot of fun.. And waved at everyone i could. I of course, had to twist the throttle a little extra at the few hawt chicks that were on the side of the road waving at us.

Nice to meet ya by the way!

We paid $85 toward all of this. So you got off cheap! LOL