2010 r1

Monstrosity

Rode my buddies new R1 today. Wow that bike sounds nasty! Its all stock. When he pulled into my driveway I thought he was on a V-twin. I didnt get on it (waiting till he has the first service done) kept the revs below 6K. I'll post back once I can open it up a little/lot.

Rode my buddies new R1 today. Wow that bike sounds nasty! Its all stock. When he pulled into my driveway I thought he was on a V-twin. I didnt get on it (waiting till he has the first service done) kept the revs below 6K. I'll post back once I can open it up a little/lot.

They do sound like a twin, wait to you hear one with a set of aftermarket cans:bow:

They do sound like a twin, wait to you hear one with a set of aftermarket cans:bow:

+1!

The first time that I actually heard one, my girl and I were walking around in San Francisco and there were about 30bikes passing us... Within that pack was a white '09 with an Akrapovic system... Sounded insane... Made me want one!

if you are looking for one here is one for sale

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=62796

Man thats nice looking... I'd love one but really want something more comfy. Plus I know I'll break 100mph every time I hit an on ramp.

As far as the sound goes it looks like it has something to do with the firing order. It hits 1,2,3,4 instead of 1,3,2,4

Man thats nice looking... I'd love one but really want something more comfy. Plus I know I'll break 100mph every time I hit an on ramp.

As far as the sound goes it looks like it has something to do with the firing order. It hits 1,2,3,4 instead of 1,3,2,4

me and kzz took some serious long day trips and just stopping and stretching when we got gas he never complained....... i was impressed with the old man :lol: