Triumph Speed Triple

Goldie

I am going to sell my GSXR and want to replace it with a Speed Triple.

Anyone here ever ridden one, or owned one? I am looking at 2005 and up, but due to budget, it will likely be a 2005 or 2006.

Anyone, anyone?

I had one last season. It was an 05. Of the 15 or so bikes I've owned it was one of my favorites.

+'s

Comfy, fun, you stand out (when you own a gixxer 7 out of 10 guys you ride with are on a GSXR of some sort), 2 up is comfy, unique sound, single sided swing arm looks cool, you can ride with cruisers or sport bikes and dont get shit (even though I've never discriminated ridings riding but you know what I mean), good mix on torque and top end. Very fun bike! Oh last thing oil changes are easy!

-'s

Parts are $$$$$... Parts can be hard to come by depending on what mods you want to do. You need to pull your spark plugs out EVERY season and put antisieze on them (Triumphs in general are notorious for this). On top of that the number one plug is a real beotch to get to and make sure you hose down the wells with penetrating oil before you attempt to pull the plugs. Charging system is dated and it seems to take everything it has to get it to start. If you leave it outside bolts seem to corrode faster than other bikes. Changing the pipe's just make sure you put a PC3 and have it tuned.

All in all its a great bike! Plenty of hooliganisim thats sure to bring a smile every time you crack the throttle! If you have any other questions shoot me a PM.

B-king is a pretty decent looking bike, once you do something about that exhaust. What were they thinking with that? Wish I had that kind of power on tap.

BTW, I'm 6'4", 250 lbs. with gear, and the Speed Triple fits me pretty well. Yeah, it's a little small, and it could have more power. Other that that, it's a great bike that handles pretty well, is comfortable for long days, and is unique and fun to ride.

Yeah i have a old skool one with about 40k miles on it. Never had any real problems with mine sans the speedo cable breaking 3 times. I have some work done to mine with the front end having full racetech stuff in it and the rear has a racetech spring. I have never had any problems with my plugs changed them about 15000 miles ago and they are fine. and I have the origanal battery in it still. thats right a 10 year old 40,000 mile old battery that still works. I like mine alot it is a litlle worn but it has been ridden hard. I have taken atleast 8 road trips on it. Mostly down to deals gap and north georgia. Have done 3700 miles in north georgia in 5 days before. Comfy, reliable, and capable I would love to buy a new one to replace my old one. I have ridden the newer ones and they are just as fun as my bike is.

Thanks,the most I have done in one day was 850+ miles. We rode from the cleveland area to north Ga in about 14 hours. Rained from cleveland ohio to cleveland Tenn. about 525 miles of rain. We left Berea around 4:30 am and got to the airport campground around 7 pm. Got up the next morning and rode 300+miles to deals gap and back. I think the triple is one of the best street motors on the market.

Here is a killboy shot from my last trip to the gap.

picture.php?albumid=1111&pictureid=12140

Edited by speedytriple