93 Katana GSXF600

Jst2fst

I'm in the process of buying a 93 Katana as my first bike that is a fixer-upper. The bike is around $300 with $400 needed in parts plus some new paint and decals. Anyone have any tips on the bike itself and fixing it up?

don't listen to the j-holes on here about running it off a cliff or something like that. that being said call up cycle search about parts and such they are a good local source for the kat parts... also I found a bunch of parts on ebay for the early- mid 90's kats... check them out... suck part is I have a 06 kat most of the upgrades came in 99... but I think if you needed you could find a whole engine for yours on ebay.

Thanks for the links, yea this is my first bike I was going to sand, bondo and paint the katana. Not sure what the paint will look like yet. As for the first ride I figure it going to take me a good month to get it running and have the farings painted. Keep in mind I still don't have my motorcycle license yet just temps.

I'll try and make a rebuild blog and post on OR with the progress. As far as the first ride you suggested Coshocton from what people have said I'll stay away from their for a bit, and running my bike off a cliff not gonna happen.