Airman home on leave dies in car crash.

chevysoldier

WSYX-TV is reporting tonight that 23-year-old Keith Homestead Jr., who died as a result of the crash, was an Airman home on leave.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- State Route 13 at Murray Road, just south of Mt. Vernon in Knox County, remained closed about 4 p.m. Wednesday after a fatal crash.

Traffic was backed up for miles along S.R. 13 after two vehicles -- a blue-colored Honda Accord and a GMC Yukon -- crashed. ABC6/FOX28 News’ Chelby Kosto reports that the Accord driver was trying to make a pass on a two-lane road when it collided head-on with the Yukon.

The Honda’s driver -- 18-year-old Megan Peterson -- suffered life-threatening injuries and was flown via MedFlight to a Columbus hospital. The passenger in the Honda -- 23-year-old Keith Homestead Jr. -- died as a result of the crash.

Ryan Chogmartin, 28, who was in the Yukon, was listed in critical condition at a Know County hospital.

mhsg1e.jpg

Was that in Croton? I heard briefly on the news that 2 died in storms in Croton today.

I was eating lunch today when those storms came through and I moved away from the windows in our dining room. It was blowing so hard I was scared.

Edited by Modern Synthetics