Need help 2008 GSX-R600 Track bike

Modern Synthetics

I bought a 2008 GSX-R600 that was crashed. Ignition switch is damaged and previous owner started to part it out so all electronics and such were unplugged and many pieces taken apart. I want to get it running and work on turning it into a track bike for late this season or next year but I need help. Electrical diagrams may be needed with damaged ignition switch. Anyone know the 2008 Gixxers like the back of their hand? If so, get in touch with me. Beer and pizza is on me for he who is knowledgeable in Gixxer 2008. If you don't know it all and would like to bring your bike to be stripped of bodywork for examination that would work too. Any takers?

Simple OHM resistor and you don't need the ignition. It's what we do to our race prepped bikes as well as every other racer out there.

GSXR question and the man with the most knowledge? Reuben at 35 Motorsports. Tell him I sent ya. Call and he can probably send you the diagram. Easy as pie.

317-850-3884

a shop manual with a full wiring diagram is only $30-$40. (marginally more than pizza and beer)

I assume you'll just want to hard-wire the kill switch, or wire up the headlight switch to act like an "ignition." I've seen it done, but never done it myself.

Simple 100 OHM resistor and you don't need the ignition. It's what we do to our race prepped bikes as well as every other racer out there.

GSXR question and the man with the most knowledge? Reuben at 35 Motorsports. Tell him I sent ya. Call and he can probably send you the diagram. Easy as pie.

317-850-3884

fixed it for you

Simple OHM resistor and you don't need the ignition. It's what we do to our race prepped bikes as well as every other racer out there.

317-850-3884

Thanks for the info Brian. I will probably give Reuben a call.

a shop manual with a full wiring diagram is only $30-$40. (marginally more than pizza and beer)

I assume you'll just want to hard-wire the kill switch, or wire up the headlight switch to act like an "ignition." I've seen it done, but never done it myself.

I guess I have a few ways I could go about the ignition issue. I'll have to consider the options. The service manual is a good idea but I have a feeling that I may still need help figuring out some of the various connectors, electronic components and placement. Many items are off the bike and in boxes. Since I haven't worked on a GSX-R since the late 90's it will prolly be a challenge for me.