My Gettysburg Vacation

chevysoldier

Went to PA to visit my wife's parents. We camped at Gettysburg and toured the battlefield. It was an awesome and amazing experience. It is impossible to comprehend the magnitude of everything that took place of this piece on this site. I highly recommend you spend some time here. We got a cd audio tour. You listen to it while you drive yourself around the battle field at your own leisure.

The two pictures of just me were taken by my three year old daughter. She got really good taking pictures all by herself.

Notice the cannonball hole still visible.

As the story goes, during the battle a cannon ball ripped through a tree and knocked a nest of baby birds to the ground. A soldier noticed this, set down his rifle and put the nest back into the tree. This monument commemorates that.

We did Gettysburgh a year to the day after Sept 11th. That Place was amazing!!! We started to do the tape but after about 45mins, we decided to spend the money and get the guide. Absolutely the BEST money I have ever spent!! 2.5 hours long and the Guide was Amazing!! Hoping to return there again soon. We did the Ghost walk tours at night and those were fun to. :lol:

They are Basically guided tours around the down town area led by a guide and he or she tells local Stories of hauntings and sightings, they are pretty good. Plus if you stay at some of the bed and breakfasts you might want to think again.:lol: