Kawasaki zx14 help!!!

NINJA14

Im looking for a little help with a 2007 Kawaksai ZX14. Basically when I turn the key I get absolutely no power at all. As if there is no battery. I've contracted the help of another OR member HOBLICK but having trouble trying to solve the problem. The ignition is getting power but not even the fuel pump or anything will kick on. If anyone knows some info or knows someone that may or knows any really good places to take it let me know!

Any history of the cut off switches going bad in the 14?

to my knowledge no. but i was thinking blown fuses or something to that nature......... but check the little things like is it in gear, kickstand up kill, switch off, and other things like that?

Hadent thought of the fuses. Hoblick was saying somthing like, if it needs a new igntion it will need a new ecu and then have the key matched to the ECU. The actual igntion itself has 12V of power going to it, but absolutely no response at all, just dead. And are no gauges

here is the deal..

there is power to the ignition

but not out of it

could be a bad ignition, or because of the imobilizer it has built into the system/

i thought it could be the key (key is coded for the ecu, if key is bad it wont send power back)

tried new key

i imagine its the Ignition though

but with a new ignition a new key is needed then that new key must be coded to the ecu

basically you put the key in turn it on and.. it acts like it doesnt even have a batter

the bike was wrecked pretty badly, and we are trying to see if we can atleast get the thing to run

From the service manual:

Ignition and engine stop switch not ON

Starter lockout switch or gear position

switch trouble

Starter motor trouble

Battery voltage low

Starter relay not contacting or operating

Starter button not contacting

Starter system wiring open or shorted

Ignition switch trouble

Engine stop switch trouble

Main 30A or ignition fuse blown

If it has the immobilizer circuit, it could be any of these also:

1. Ignition Switch

2. Immobilizer Antenna

3. Meter Unit

4. Immobilizer Amplifier

5. Joint Connector 1

6. Fuse Box 2

7. ECU Fuse 15 A

8. Ignition Fuse 10 A

9. Main Relay

10. Relay Box

11. Joint Connector 2

12. Main Fuse 30 A

13. Starter Relay

14. Battery 12 V 14 Ah

15. Frame Ground 1

16. Frame Ground 2

17. Immobilizer/Kawasaki Diagnostic System Connector

18. Water-proof Joint 1

19. ECU

Must trace the fault to fix. I haven't found a electrical diagram for it yet. Just the immobilizer.

edit: if it's some of the immobilizer parts, it should throw an error code.

Edited by ReconRat

You should have a master key and one or two user keys? Maybe the immobilizer code is wiped out. The master key should allow the user key to reset the ignition. There's a procedure in the service manual.

Note that if the user keys are too close to each other at the ignition, the immobilizer can get confused and refuse.

hay man the exact same thing happen to me on my 06 zx 10 and you will never guess what it was , lol . It was the kick stand switch , shuts down the starter and doesnot allow the bike to start cause its reading open , as the kick stand being down . i cleaned the circuit board on the relay 3 time and it worked for a while and did the same thing . i repaired it by putting a clean solder on the board o it reads close all the time . hope this helps . if ya need anything feel free to give me a call at 614-403-3179

That would be awesome if thats what it is. Makes sense. I apperciate your knowlege on the subject! Thank you thank you! I'll save your number back!

hay man the exact same thing happen to me on my 06 zx 10 and you will never guess what it was , lol . It was the kick stand switch , shuts down the starter and doesnot allow the bike to start cause its reading open , as the kick stand being down . i cleaned the circuit board on the relay 3 time and it worked for a while and did the same thing . i repaired it by putting a clean solder on the board o it reads close all the time . hope this helps . if ya need anything feel free to give me a call at 614-403-3179

I was wondering why the manual didn't mention that one. Kickstand switch seems to be a really common failure.

Probably a kickstand switch issue. I would simply unplug and solder the wires together to by pass. Of course, you'll have to remember to make sure the kickstand is up when you roll as it will not stall when you put into gear.

Or, since it was crashed pretty badly, did anyone check to see if the connection to the fuel pump was securely fastened? If you don't hear the pump activate, it probably isn't connected possibly...

Common issue at the track when we are working 9 million miles per hour...:D