Going to the Finger Lakes.

Lost1888

I don't think I ever said anything about this here. So I will now.

I'm headed back to the Finger Lakes (Keuka Lake) for a family vacation. Last time I drove, this time I'm riding and it was a different lake (Conesus).

The plan is to take the dogs to the kennel Saturday morning when they open, my wife and kids will leave in the car and when I get home from the kennel I'll take off. We'll be gone for a week so if you want to brake into my house now is the time.:wtf:

Here's my route plan I figured up 10 minutes ago. Originally it was going to be a two day ride leaving work on Friday but I changed it. The map says basically 8 hours. I'm figuring closer to 10 with stops and pictures. I've ridden all the stuff in Pa so I know what's in store there. Ny is another issue.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=I-90+E&daddr=US-6N+E+to:PA-408+E+to:PA-27+E+to:Davey+Hill+Rd+to:Dunns+Eddy+Rd+to:National+Forge+Rd+to:Forest+Rd+to:PA-59+E%2FSmethport+Ormsby+Rd+to:Barden+Brook+Rd+to:NY-417+E%2FMain+St+to:42.215297,-77.721405+to:Canisteo+River+Rd%2FCo+Rd+119+to:US-15+N+to:Liberty+St%2FNew+York+14A+N&hl=en&geocode=FRzpfwIdaF8z-w%3BFcpefwIdYXo0-w%3BFfOBfQIdrlw7-w%3BFYwPewId8sxA-w%3BFV4UfAIdPtdE-w%3BFTuvfQIdnCtG-w%3BFahtfgIdmpJG-w%3BFXENfgId6G9L-w%3BFf7vfQIdJhlS-w%3BFWBdgAIdTABV-w%3BFS-sgQIdpw9X-w%3B%3BFXFfhAId_H5i-w%3BFYz9ggIdsjtn-w%3BFfjyigIdfjdo-w&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=11&sz=11&via=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13&sll=42.239702,-77.597809&sspn=0.284167,0.511551&ie=UTF8&ll=42.228517,-78.596191&spn=2.273646,4.092407&t=h&z=8

The route home I'm going to stay north in Ny and catch Lechworth State Park for the true "Grand Canyon of the East" then down towards Chautauqua lake.

Should be fun. Of course I'll post pictures when I get back.

Pick up the latest (just out) issue of Rider Magazine. There's a five page story about a guy's favorite ride in there who knows the whole area. I just got the issue yesterday in the mail and read the article. Tons of info about that whole region.

Have a great trip and take a good camera!

Just as long as it doesn't rain I'll be happy. I don"t carry rain gear with me and don't plan on it until I splurge for saddle bags. So if it rains I get wet, if it doesn't then I stay dry. The best part is basically the whole ride will be in the forest, game lands and at least 10 degrees cooler. PA is one of my favorite areas to ride in the summer because of that.