Commuting Gear

tyler524

Here's my normal wear:

Shoei RF-1000, Aerostitch Roadcrafter jacket, Aerostitch Darien over-pants, Fox bomber gloves, and Thor 50/50 boots. For rain it's A* waterproof boots, A* SP2 gloves, and the Frog Togg pants (the Aerostitch jacket is waterproof). If it's super hot I switch jackets and use a Corazzo shop jacket which looks like a Dickies work jacket but armored. If necessary I'll add a cooling vest if I know the ride will be several hours long, which was the case back in CA.

If it gets below 35 degrees I add a North Face technical fleece jacket underneath everything. If it's even lower I add a matching shirt and pants set of Schampa Skinny Gear thermals. Heated gloves are by Gerbing.

I commute 30 minutes about half of that is I-75 into and out of Cincinnati. I wear full face helmet, fieldsheer congo mesh jacket, cortech dsx jeans with knee armor in, cortech injector gloves, shift fuel shoes, and backpack. I will need to get a warmer jacket eventually.

Edited by Bubs

Warm weather: Nolan flipface, Cycleport Ultra II mesh jacket, Cyleport Kevlar jeans or Ultra II mesh overpants, Tourmaster mesh and armor gauntlet gloves, Sidi Discovery boots

Cold weather: Add liners to Cycleport gear, add Tourmaster electric liner jacket, switch to Olympia 3 season gloves and turn on the grip heaters

12 miles one way, half two lane, half slab. I keep a blazer at the office and bring pants and shoes in a backpack.