F/S or F/T

ZIXXER9R

Ok I have a few things to get rid of here

first

96 scag commercial walkbehind mower hydro, new 26 hp briggs extended life engine less than 100 hrs on it, hydro fluxh at begining of season not pretty but functions perfect

$1800

second

2000 Dodge Ram 2500 1 ton v-10 109k miles 8ft meyers poly plow, sald dogg 340lbs spreader minor rust on rockers everything works great in shop getting new exhaust manifold so no leaks. or anything have had no trans issues new front end components march 2010 4wd works perfectly reg cab power seat windows locks rear slider truck is a beast

$6500 truck kbb private party is 5500 without plow and spreader

I average about 10k dollars a season plowing so truck will pay for its self over the winter

Reason for selling is we are moving to las vegas over the winter and shutting down business.

thanks for looking

Edited by ZIXXER9R

Just curious, how do you market plowing to make $10k over winter?

A couple buddies of mine own plowing businesses. They make enough over the winter to not really care much about what they do during the summer. They go around to gas stations, grocery stores, shopping centers, restaurants, etc asking about their snow removal. They offer better prices than the current person, or better quality, and get the places to sign contracts. The businesses pay regardless of whether it snows or not. It's like a home alarm. You're paying for someone to always be there when you need it. For instance, you get 20 businesses to sign up for $500 for the season. You just made $10k for the season. That pricing is most likely way off. I think they charged more like $1000 or $2000 for the season. But you have to be careful not to get too many customers, or you'll fall behind and not get everything plowed/shoveled in time. Then you'll lose the contract next season.

price competition online.

"driveways as low as $20" "full season snow removal starting at $250" (for a residential driveway)

So yeah, I would think businesses will run at least $1,000 - $1,500 per season.

Landing clients that are in close proximity to each other is a huge thing though too.

A driveway can't take more than 20 minutes with a plow, and that's if you shovel the walk, etc.

if you get 5 houses on the same street, you can probably give them a 25% discount. Definitely worth it to avoid driving all over the place.

It's crazy what people will pay for snow removal.

One thing to consider though when doing commercial work is insurance. I know a guy (has several trucks) that does some parking garages, and has some big corporate accounts. He said he carries something like $1million insurance, since it's his responsibilty to have the snow and ice cleared and if someone slips and falls, it comes back on him.

I personally subcontract at 45/hr plus when we have storms I just drive around town

nice thing about it is the guy supplies the salt, truck will go for 11 hrs on a tank of gas @ 80 bucks and well subtract that from 495 and you make about 400 every time it snows I can even get you in contact with the company I sub off of

as far as the insurance thing goes

I was paying 360/yr through state farm with 1mill liability policy not much to cover your ass

I've been doing it for 4 yrs now and after all expenses I clear 10k a year average so not bad at all when laid off over the winter but now that I am working at verizon I don't have the time to be going out and plowing.

Edited by ZIXXER9R

Well bike is gone no longer riding for the year, but wife said when we get to Vegas I can buy whatever bike I want so I see a new r1 or cbr1000 coming next season, that or a really nice car thinking something with an H6 and turbo's