Pelotonia 2010 on board camera.

warhols_

This year was the 2nd annual Pelotonia race for the cure. Actually it isn't a race. It's more like a charity event. This year, we collected over 8.5 million dollars. 100% of it goes to cancer research. This year, there were 4,000 riders.

The video starts with me parked near OSU's football stadium in Columbus and concludes with me on the other end of town on South High St where my buddy is broken down in his GSXR with an oil pressure light (I told him if he keeps the revs high, the pressure will build and the light will go out, which it did. Probably bad advise but whatever, he was borrowing the bike from a friend that just wrecked his wife's car. Payback's a beyotch :nono:). I was going to dub over some music for your enjoyment/loathing, but decided that this is way better with the original sound. Video was taken at 7:30am on Saturday morning.

Sadly, one of the cyclists was struck and killed by a vehicle right behind me a couple hours after this video was taken. RIP...

But anyway, Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4M42-dL_Lo

PS: Sorry the video is so shaky. My image stabilization was on. If I turn it off, it's smooth as hell. I dunno.:confused:

Edited by warhols_

At 3:20 in the video you can see the first accident. I was the first motorcycle to head out and right after the turn on to High Street I came up on a rider that had hit a pavement transition and went down hard.

I blocked the road on the right and directed traffic around him so that no one else would hit him and called the EMS.

I believe he had a broken shoulder from the way he was holding his arm and the pain he was in.