dont tread on me situation...again

hummingbird

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

flag's almost as ignorant as the confederate flag....

you're in ohio assholes, can't get much farther north without jumping in the effing lake, or speaking french.

Used as ignorantly maybe. The Gadsden Flag (and the snake on it) was about unity, these Teabagger idiots use it while being divisive.

Im not sure how that flag is ignorant or anything like the confederate flag? Can someone please explain?

I don't believe that it is.

Though, I do get a kick out of folks in Ohio with their stars and bars on the back of their truck. Do they realize that Ohio was part of the union? Still, if they want to fly it, more power to them, I guess. You say what you want to say about yourself, and you should have a right to do that.

This is why I hate home owners associations. Well, one reason of many.

hate them or not... if you sign it, you should abide by it.

I'd agree with that, if the rules and regulations were not easily changeable without homeowner approval. Bylaws are supposed to be changed by homeowner approval, but house rules, which are just as binding as bylaws, can be changed without any approval at all.

Used as ignorantly maybe. The Gadsden Flag (and the snake on it) was about unity, these Teabagger idiots use it while being divisive.

divisive from what, exactly? mother government? nothing more devisive from the Constitution than freemen who when told to jump only feel compelled to ask how high, instead of by who/or whats authority?

divisive from what, exactly? mother government?

huh?

The Gadsden Flag and the snake symbolism are about multiple groups united against one common enemy. It stands for being united as one, so you better be wary of screwing with us sort of deal. Its history is tied directly to the government, country and military (Franklin, Hopkins, Gadsden,..) It's a country united as one.

nothing more devisive from the Constitution than freemen who when told to jump only feel compelled to ask how high, instead of by who/or whats authority?

No idea what you mean by this.

huh?

The Gadsden Flag and the snake symbolism are about multiple groups united against one common enemy. It stands for being united as one, so you better be wary of screwing with us sort of deal. Its history is tied directly to the government, country and military (Franklin, Hopkins, Gadsden,..) It's a country united as one.

No idea what you mean by this.

i'm disappointed......

I don't believe that it is.

Though, I do get a kick out of folks in Ohio with their stars and bars on the back of their truck. Do they realize that Ohio was part of the union? Still, if they want to fly it, more power to them, I guess. You say what you want to say about yourself, and you should have a right to do that.

This is why I hate home owners associations. Well, one reason of many.

I dont believe that it is ignorant or anything close to the confederate flag but someone seems to think it is. This is why I am trying to figure out that point of view.

As for the confederate flag, people in NY fly it as well. It doesnt mean they are from the south it just means they want it to "rise again." Retarded but... whatever.

i'm disappointed......

That's what she said ;)

Pauly... Your new sig quote cracks me up

I've been seein' these flags around more & more lately, & wondered what it was all about. The "Don't Tread On Me" bit keeps reminding me of all the tShirts, etc, right after 9/11

I dont believe that it is ignorant or anything close to the confederate flag but someone seems to think it is. This is why I am trying to figure out that point of view.

As for the confederate flag, people in NY fly it as well. It doesnt mean they are from the south it just means they want it to "rise again." Retarded but... whatever.

here's my logic...

want to be patriotic? Fly this.

american-flag.gif

This is the flag of an ENEMY of the united states

taylormade-confederate-flag_3997455_175.jpg

the gadsden flag is flown in the same spirit as the confederate flag.

It's equally stupid...

you have every right to fly whatever flag you want, but IMO you're retarded.

about what?

the point i'm trying to make, and disappointed that you missed it, is that it is being used now by the people against our own govt as it becomes more and more intrusive. its our responsibility to question govt. there was no problem questioning the Bush adm'n, it was actually applauded. i think its about time citizens peacfully assemble to show their discontent.

the other comment was to say that it doesnt serve any productive purpose to be a party person; simply agree with an agenda because it originates from your party; falling in line for govt instead of holding govt accountable for its actions, or lack thereof.

That's what she said ;)

that is what she said! :o but she's a smelly pirate hooker! :)