dont tread on me situation...again

hummingbird

if you want to be patriotic, fly a white flag

Yes, surrender is quite the patriotic thing these days. Many strong nations have surrendered throughout history. History is written by those that pissed themselves and turned in their arms. I'll fly the flag and fucking mean it. Wake up! Do you have any idea how close we are to the destruction of this great nation? From within.

Oh, and if your HOA has rules about flags, you signed up for it. Either change the rules or move out. HOAs are not the "government" and don't necessarily fall under the protection of the Bill of Rights.

Edited by C-bus
Little caveat about HOA rules

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the point i'm trying to make, and disappointed that you missed it, is that it is being used now by the people against our own govt as it becomes more and more intrusive. its our responsibility to question govt. there was no problem questioning the Bush adm'n, it was actually applauded. i think its about time citizens peacfully assemble to show their discontent.

the other comment was to say that it doesnt serve any productive purpose to be a party person; simply agree with an agenda because it originates from your party; falling in line for govt instead of holding govt accountable for its actions, or lack thereof.

Except these people aren't coming out against a more and more intrusive government they are coming out against a Democrat President under the guise of being some unhappy grassroots campaign. There's a reason why these are a heavily Fox News supported, Glenn Beck rallying, Sarah Palin applauding people. They are the easily influenced of the Republican party made to feel like they are getting something new when it more of the same. A large majority of these people are certainly a party people and that's why it's so easy to get them riled up against the left.

I agree it doesn't pay to vote party and out two party system sucks. I prefer issues. Teabaggers aren't independents though, they are primarily Republicans of a different color. If they were truly independents we would have seen this party rallying like this by late 2003. They are basically pissing on the history and meaning of this flag.

I don't know any tea baggers to ask but from what I've read on the interwebs, which we all know it gospel truth, There seems to be at least two separate groups of tea baggers.

One is a grass roots kind of organization that is upset at government policies which are causing taxes to go up. They are for smaller government and lower taxes. Reagan era republicans if you will.

Another groups seems to be democratic party members set out to discredit the first group with a dis-information campaign to divide and conquer the republican party at any cost.

cite: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/third-party-candidates/117225-michigan-supreme-court-keeps-the-tea-party-off-november-ballot

Looks like it's working. The liberals on this board hate the tea baggers. The conservatives don't trust them. And nobody seems to really know what they are about.

I don't know any tea baggers to ask but from what I've read on the interwebs, which we all know it gospel truth, There seems to be at least two separate groups of tea baggers.

One is a grass roots kind of organization that is upset at government policies which are causing taxes to go up. They are for smaller government and lower taxes. Reagan era republicans if you will.

Another groups seems to be democratic party members set out to discredit the first group with a dis-information campaign to divide and conquer the republican party at any cost.

cite: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/third-party-candidates/117225-michigan-supreme-court-keeps-the-tea-party-off-november-ballot

Looks like it's working. The liberals on this board hate the tea baggers. The conservatives don't trust them. And nobody seems to really know what they are about.

don't really believe that this is the case... I think there are just a myriad of psychos who are tea party members.

for example, sometimes it's impossible to distingush between a hardcore fundmanetalist, and a hardcore fundamentalist satirist.

I believe that 90% of the people who claim to be tea partiers are really tea partiers, the satirists are few and far between.

don't really believe that this is the case... I think there are just a myriad of psychos who are tea party members.

for example, sometimes it's impossible to distingush between a hardcore fundmanetalist, and a hardcore fundamentalist satirist.

I believe that 90% of the people who claim to be tea partiers are really tea partiers, the satirists are few and far between.

Politics is a religion.

People believe in what they believe in.

The Michigan Supreme Court ruled Friday that "The Tea Party" will not appear on the state's November ballot, a ruling cheered by conservative Tea Partiers who called the group and its nominations a ploy by Democrats to take votes away from Republicans.

One candidate put forth by The Tea Party was the former stepmother of the former leader of the Oakland County Democratic Party, and another had placed last in a 2008 Democratic primary.

The revelations forced the resignation of the Oakland County Democratic Party chairman and the firing of a country Democratic organizer. The state of Michigan is investigating, and the state Democratic Party claims no ties to The Tea Party ballot effort.

Sounds like at least two groups claiming the same name to me.

Anybody else see more than one group?

About that "Plausible deny-ability" thing....

No political dirty tricks here, move along citizen, move along.

wolf%20in%20sheep.jpg

Edited by Strictly Street

here's my logic...

want to be patriotic? Fly this.

american-flag.gif

This is the flag of an ENEMY of the united states

taylormade-confederate-flag_3997455_175.jpg

the gadsden flag is flown in the same spirit as the confederate flag.

It's equally stupid...

you have every right to fly whatever flag you want, but IMO you're retarded.

Would you care to explain? Because this has no substance without a bit of explanation. The "Dont Tread on me" flag is no where near what the confederate flag is.

Yes, surrender is quite the patriotic thing these days. Many strong nations have surrendered throughout history. History is written by those that pissed themselves and turned in their arms. I'll fly the flag and fucking mean it. Wake up! Do you have any idea how close we are to the destruction of this great nation? From within.

Hmmmm... Ding ding ding....

Except these people aren't coming out against a more and more intrusive government they are coming out against a Democrat President under the guise of being some unhappy grassroots campaign. There's a reason why these are a heavily Fox News supported, Glenn Beck rallying, Sarah Palin applauding people. They are the easily influenced of the Republican party made to feel like they are getting something new when it more of the same. A large majority of these people are certainly a party people and that's why it's so easy to get them riled up against the left.

You must not pay much attention. The tea partiers dont care which side of the house someone lives on, they want their rights they want less government. Plain and simple. You must not have really ever seen Glenn Beck either. Because he will tell you that no matter what party, politicians are usually out for themselves. He doesnt care whether its Republican or Democrat.

You must not have really ever seen Glenn Beck either. Because he will tell you that no matter what party, politicians are usually out for themselves. He doesnt care whether its Republican or Democrat.

HAHA! glenn beck is a joke, he contradicts himself almost as often as he lays chalk.

You must not pay much attention. The tea partiers dont care which side of the house someone lives on, they want their rights they want less government. Plain and simple. You must not have really ever seen Glenn Beck either. Because he will tell you that no matter what party, politicians are usually out for themselves. He doesnt care whether its Republican or Democrat.

Yeah you don't pay any real attention then. 'Tea partiers' are easily swayed Republicans looking to feel special and that are easily swayed combined with a dash of other crazy.

As for Glenn Beck it's not that he doesn't care what side you're on, it's that he doesn't care about politics at all, "I could give a flying crap about the political process." He doesn't care about the positions and all he cares about the "tea partiers" is all the money they are making him.

flown in same spirit... "fuck you US government"

You do realize that the bill of rights is just that .... a big "fuck you US government ". Protection from an overbearing federal government was and still is needed. The founders saw that propensity and protected you from it. "Don't tread on me"....

HAHA! glenn beck is a joke, he contradicts himself almost as often as he lays chalk.

Beck makes some solid points, but he's an entertainer and a zealot. I honestly can't listen to him anymore. But I don't need him or any party to lead me through my belief in a free society in which we can make a living, raise a family and enjoy/suffer the repercussions of our actions.

You do realize that the bill of rights is just that .... a big "fuck you US government ". Protection from an overbearing federal government was and still is needed. The founders saw that propensity and protected you from it. "Don't tread on me"....

I disagree. The bill of rights is the heart of the us government.

I disagree. The bill of rights is the heart of the us government.

It's the heart of our freedom FROM government. 1st amendment doesn't protect Don Imus's job, it protects him from prosecution. The 2nd amendment doesn't protect my right to hunt, it protects my right to defend against tyrannical rule. The bill of rights is simply a codified "don't tread on me".

i guess i can kinda see that, but I view the government as a body that is designed to maintain your bill of rights. that's why the government is there, it's taken on further roles in our society, but it's MAIN role is to maintain, and defend the constitution.

I'm happy (for the most part) with how that is handled. Sure there are things i disagree with, but nothing to the point where i want to tell the US government to fuck off.

i guess i can kinda see that, but I view the government as a body that is designed to maintain your bill of rights. that's why the government is there, it's taken on further roles in our society, but it's MAIN role is to maintain, and defend the constitution.

I'm happy (for the most part) with how that is handled. Sure there are things i disagree with, but nothing to the point where i want to tell the US government to fuck off.

On our worst day, we're still a great nation. It's our jobs to keep it in check. The constitution protects all view points, not just the ones we believe in. We can't prohibit a mosque from being built because it's offensive. We can't prohibit rebel flags as much as we must allow rainbows. This is where Beck goes off point and mixes personal biases. Freedom doesn't discriminate or prefer.

On our worst day, we're still a great nation. It's our jobs to keep it in check. The constitution protects all view points, not just the ones we believe in. We can't prohibit a mosque from being built because it's offensive. We can't prohibit rebel flags as much as we must allow rainbows. This is where Beck goes off point and mixes personal biases. Freedom doesn't discriminate or prefer.

no argument here...

Interesting point of view.

It might be worth pointing out the the "Declaration Of Independence" starts out with the phrase "We The People" as in we are the government. The politicians are our proxies. That is to say that they are supposed to do what we "The People" want them to do. Not what they think is best for us.

The power of the citizen is supreme even though the power structure does not want to acknowledge this. Trying to use the powers of the citizen usually will give you a lot of grief even though you are correct you will pay a price in todays power structure.

An example might be trying to hand out paperwork that explains the concept of jury nullification outside a courthouse. Oh yea, that's an arrestin', might even get tazed! Even if you are on solid constitutional ground your going to get your ass whipped anyway, go to jail, pay fines etc.

The idea I'm trying to get to is that our present system is not what the founding fathers envisioned. The government is not your friend and protector, rather it is it's own protector. A subtle yet important concept.

The idea I'm trying to get to is that our present system is not what the founding fathers envisioned.

I think that it's the closest approximation you can get in modern society.

they designed the government to handle a population of 5-6 million people, currently we have more than 300 million people.

this worked out to about 100,000 people per represenative in the government, now we're at a saturation of 5 times that, half a million per represenative.

i agree with this, because i've listened to him without bias.

i cant believe i'm going to type this, but.........citation?

Yeah you don't pay any real attention then. 'Tea partiers' are easily swayed Republicans looking to feel special and that are easily swayed combined with a dash of other crazy.

As for Glenn Beck it's not that he doesn't care what side you're on, it's that he doesn't care about politics at all, "I could give a flying crap about the political process." He doesn't care about the positions and all he cares about the "tea partiers" is all the money they are making him.

i cant imagine anyone who has experienced one of these rallies first hand having your first pov. shows how well Saul Alinsky's tactics work, as utilized by the modern left. also, the GB quote shows he does care about politics; otherwise, he would have said, "I couldnt care less....." :cool:

Really? I'm at the point where I'd like to see politicians being shot in the street' date=' but that's just me. :dunno:[/quote']

at least tarred and feathered. lets start with Arlen Specter

I think that it's the closest approximation you can get in modern society.

they designed the government to handle a population of 5-6 million people, currently we have more than 300 million people.

this worked out to about 100,000 people per represenative in the government, now we're at a saturation of 5 times that, half a million per represenative.

i dont think you can quote just his first sentence and run with it, i feel you miss the point. our govt must grow in proportion to population as a republic, but as mentioned it always looks to increase its size and power for its own survival in the name of protecting the people. well, you dont gain one thing by giving up another.

i cant imagine anyone who has experienced one of these rallies first hand having your first pov. shows how well Saul Alinsky's tactics work, as utilized by the modern left. also, the GB quote shows he does care about politics; otherwise, he would have said, "I couldnt care less....." :cool:

That's a whole lot of derp right there.