Speed Bump Patty...

hollywood3586

That was on Jalopnik yesterday.

Lotta truth to this statement:

"It's a static image," he said. "If a driver can't respond to this appropriately, that person shouldn't be driving, and that's a whole different problem."
Here's an image of the same type of pilot program they used in Philadelphia's "Drive CarePhilly" campaign:

(http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/12/us/12bump.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1284037241-K2PcP2+BE3gl/eoLAMfMQA)

11bumps.span.jpg

That was on Jalopnik yesterday.

Lotta truth to this statement:

Here's an image of the same type of pilot program they used in Philadelphia's "Drive CarePhilly" campaign:

(http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/12/us/12bump.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1284037241-K2PcP2+BE3gl/eoLAMfMQA)

Probably a much better concept than the child in the road image. What happens when people get conditioned to driving over a fake child in the road?

Probably a much better concept than the child in the road image. What happens when people get conditioned to driving over a fake child in the road?

That's exactly what I was gonna say. Once they realize it's fake and get used to it, the number of children getting hit will increase. "But officer, I thought she was just a speed bump." :lol:

i hope these things aren't expensive to create, because they're going to be vandalized like you wouldn't believe.

you have to physically chip-away a speed bump. a $6 bucket of paint and 3 seconds to dump it is all it will take to eliminate these stupid things.

Definetly a bad idea. I don't see that lasting very long before some group protests or there are lawsuits due to accidents.

So after the first time they realize it's fake they'll just keep going over it at normal speeds, evenutally running over a child on the streets thinking it's a speed bump.

this...^^

at least with a speed bump if you try to hit it at speed you're going to notice.

So after the first time they realize it's fake they'll just keep going over it at normal speeds, evenutally running over a child on the streets thinking it's a speed bump.

And there is the problem!