FS Norinco Model 54 pistol...

bandit12

Removed from sale, Norinco model 54 Tokarev type pistol in 7.62x25 cal. As new condition with no scratches and still covered with cosmoline. Come with one mag, holster, cleaning rod and one 50 round box of ammo. Pics are from a cell phone and no box or manual, sorry.

Edited by bandit12

Not be be a dick, but that looks far from 'as new'. The grip/handle cover is broken on one side, it looks like there is some rust on the trigger, and the overall condition would say otherwise.

If it's a standard model 54-1 (which it looks to be) even in 100% condition it is listed at $125. Even at 90% condition it's listed at $70. The last MSRP from 1989-95 was just $145.

I'm sorry it isn't a highly polished S&W 629 Classic for 100 bucks, it is an inexpensive handgun that is still covered with cosmoline still wrapped in the plastic bag that it came in. There in not a scratch on the finish and no bluing rubbed off of the barrel from the slide. I did go look at the grips for a broken spot and there is one chip out of the one panels that you can not see in my crappy cell phone pictures. There is no rust what so ever on the trigger, I don't know what is in the picture but it is not on the pistol. Sorry I wasted your time with this but hell people are trying to sell Jennings and Raven .22's for $125-150 and here is a link to another one that you can see the grip shape is the same. Thanks for looking and I will remove the offensive piece.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=190020348

I'm sorry it isn't a highly polished S&W 629 Classic for 100 bucks, it is an inexpensive handgun that is still covered with cosmoline still wrapped in the plastic bag that it came in. There in not a scratch on the finish and no bluing rubbed off of the barrel from the slide. I did go look at the grips for a broken spot and there is one chip out of the one panels that you can not see in my crappy cell phone pictures. There is no rust what so ever on the trigger, I don't know what is in the picture but it is not on the pistol. Sorry I wasted your time with this but hell people are trying to sell Jennings and Raven .22's for $125-150 and here is a link to another one that you can see the grip shape is the same. Thanks for looking and I will remove the offensive piece.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=190020348

I retract my previous statement, sorry bandit. The pics aren't very clear and that looks to be for a lanyard I'm guessing. If the pics were a little better I wouldn't have questioned it at first. But again, I was simply quoting from the BBoGV as a base for the price on that particular gun. Yes, some guns sell for more but I don't think what you have is subject to a higher price than all of the other run of the mill weapons for sale. In the end it all depends on what the market demands are on any given brand and model.

Good luck with the sale.

I've seen the ammo at Buckeye Outdoors and Woodbury Outfitters but it was like $15-16 for a box of 50. The best place to get it if you dont mind having it shipped is from The Ammo Store Inc. in Kettering, Ohio, they sell 80's surplus for $11-12 for 72 rounds or a tin of 1224 rounds for $149. In my opinion surplus ammo is the way to go.

Yes, this sold for 145 in the 90s, and hasn't gone up much. But all firearms have gone up 20% to 400%. The holster sells for around 35, and the extra mag is around 20. 200+ bucks worth of stuff plus a box of ammo. Raise your price, lol.

edit: Yes, that's a cutaway for a lanyard. Not a chip in the grips. And yes, it's covered in cosmoline and not shiny. It's fine.

This is a solid steel reliable Chinese copy of a Soviet military pistol.

Edited by ReconRat

Yes, this sold for 145 in the 90s, and hasn't gone up much. But all firearms have gone up 20% to 400%. The holster sells for around 35, and the extra mag is around 20. 200+ bucks worth of stuff plus a box of ammo. Raise your price, lol.

edit: Yes, that's a cutaway for a lanyard. Not a chip in the grips. And yes, it's covered in cosmoline and not shiny. It's fine.

This is a solid steel reliable Chinese copy of a Soviet military pistol.

My only problem with the weapon since I tend to collect Soviet weapons. Good luck with the sale though.