'10 Z1000...real world feedback?

modular

Planning on using my yearly profit sharing to add a 2010 Kawi Z1K to the stable. I have been in lust with the bike since I first saw it. It I would appreciate some real world feedback from folks here. All the reports and tests have very positive results. What say ye?

031755_2010_Kawasaki_Z1000.jpg

Edited by modular

If you're coming from an 883. It could be a Vespa and you'd probably be thrilled with it :D

Srsly though, those are great rides -- I've always wanted one myself. They look bitchin'. Just can't justify a third. I can't help you with "real world" feedback since I've never actually ridden one.

For starters this is the 2010 Z1000

b2817edf79750dc373157d782cce30ec_XL.jpg

Yup, the color I would not get.:cool:

"If you're coming from an 883 it could be a Vespa and you'd probably be thrilled with it."

Ha, ha...very funny;). The H-D is not my first bike. Now granted, I have never owned a liter bike before but I have had sport bikes in the past. I like the more laid back seating position the Zed affords the rider. All-out/kill-all power is the least of my concerns. Long-term comfort is.

Was drooling on one today at Cycle Specialties in Cincinnati. Had some time to kill between appointments.... I like everything about the bike so far but haven't ridden one. Haven't seen one on the road, either. Theirs was black. I also saw the Suzuki Gladius, which I didn't know existed. Wasn't that one of the characters from 300? Love the headlight on the Gladius (kind of Brutale-ish), but think the chrome bars make it look cheapppppp, as do the plastic covers on the side.

Love the z1000, but there are SO many used bikes available in the $3,500 to $5k range that I'd almost feel guilty buying a brand new bike, knowing how quickly they depreciate.

Dunno. Doesn't matter, as I'm not buying soon. Unless I sell the Mazda....

"Look, Honey, I bought us a new bike! Like it? No, I can't sleep in it. Why??".

Never ridden a 2010, but I just picked up a 2007 and love it. Hard to justify a new one when I got mine for $4000 (7700 miles, mint cond w/ new Pilot Powers, rear fender kit, steering stabilizer and rear stand).

Economic times and going into winter = tough to pass up used.

MCUSA just came... this was in it.

2010 Streetfighter Shootout IV

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/8/7893/Motorcycle-Article/2010-Streetfighter-Shootout-IV.aspx?WT.i_e_dcsvid=1579274495

Find out which naked streetfighter-style motorcycle is the best as we compare the Ducati Streetfighter, Kawasaki Z1000, and KTM 990 Super Duke in this street bike shootout comparison test.

Full Story