Superhawk vs TL1000S

YSR_Racer_99

Year and mileage unknown. Just kind of looking for general impressions. Spent a good chunk of money on the TL suspension (rear shock, and had forks reworked). Loved the sound a power of the TL. I'm kind of looking at some Superhawks (when I sell the Mazda), but am wondering how similar it might be to the TL in terms of handling and seating position. I still love curves....

They're both rather similar bikes. If you were looking for hp difference the Tl1000 edges out the hawk. Not by much, but around 15 hp. Weight for each bike should be right around the same as well. Full and dry.

I haven't rode either one so i can't really weigh in on how one handles over the other. I'm sure they're both capable canyon carvers. Good luck with whatever you decide.

that blue SuperHawk is still in Lancaster

better hurry though the Bank will be looking for it pretty soon

I bet if you called his finance company you "take over" his loan. Then when you sell your car pay off the loan (just an Idea)

Edited by Big3

The TLS got a reputation as an unpredictable tank slapper, but the consensus is that it was blown way out of proportion. I cursed Suzuki every time I had to do maintenance on that bike, under the tank, because of the hillbilly steering damper system the rigged up as an afterthought.

Dennis: Uh oh. And he's hiding it at your place? I think he's pretty upside down on it, based on looking around.

I owned a Super chicken for about 3 years. i loved it it did everything I wanted it to. i slabbed it from Philly to Detroit. I did several trackdays on it. I could wheelie the shit out of it. I had one problem I had a cam chain tensioner fail real close to the house. It tagged/bent a vavle. i lived in Indiana And Ruben helped me out getting it back together. he gave me all the advise and pressed in the replacement valves for me. The superhawk was way easy to work on. The only time I wanted to get rid of the Superhawk was when I was doing a top speed run at about 150mph and my friend on a tuned up R1 past me.

Great bike !!

Nick

yea, for the condition of the bike (great) the low mileage & the extras I'd say that his $4K payoff is about $500 high

but then again it's not a ragged out SH...

kbb retail is $3920

kbb trade in is $2680

thats not counting the need for tires, the new DB screen, sharkskins lower, sargent seat or the undertail

+ the buyer gets the stock parts

so 4k is not a huge stretch ,, but it's not a killer deal either.

I was just trying to help him out, I make nothing out of the deal

and no he's not hiding it here .. the bank knows exactly where it is. when they call/come to pick it up I will happily hand them the keys..

Edited by Big3