Sun 9/26/10 - Thunder Valley Long Range Tactical Match..

flounder

Shooters,

Once again, there will be another long range tactical shooting match for those interested. As of now I believe it will be myself, WaltherGSP and Sniper308. There will be allot of top notch rifles here so im sure you would enjoy even just watching for a bit. Not to mention that quite a few of us will be using suppressors during the match.. As usual there will be people coming from NC, Il, MI, PA, KY, IN, TN. Its gonna be a good time for sure.

The match will be held on this Sunday at 9:00 a.m. sharp!

This event will be shooting both the short course (600 yards and under) and the long course (275 to 1165 yards)

You will need about 100 rounds of ammo to shoot both courses. Extra shooting after the match is the norm here so bring more if you wish. Make sure to bring food and water for yourself which we can transport it in the range vehicles.

Match fee is $40.00 I think

Please bring spotting scopes if you have them as they are a great tool for the new guys. .338 cal. or under please.

Make sure your bolt is out of your rifle.

Match is free for spectators.

Make sure to have ear protection.

All new shooters welcome and we will help you along the way.

If you have never shot past 100 or 200 yards and are interested in this, I recommend you give it a shot at least once. Its an incredible feeling to hit a 12 inch disk at over a half mile. (1000 yards) Some of the shooters who show up are sporting custom builds and are engaging the 1 mile (1760 yards) target.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or waltergsp if your interested.

Dont worry if you have never done this type of thing before. Everyone is very helpful and these matches are more for fun and teaching newcomers then anything else.

MAKE SURE WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE RANGE YOUR BOLT IS OUT OF YOUR RIFLE!

map-1.jpg

Edited by flounder

Well I might as well post it before he does...

Flounder actually shot well enough to beat me today. Thats ok though, because the group consensus was that my suppressor was quieter.

Rawlins, There are matches pretty much every weekend up to Oct 16/17. After that it will close for deer season and reopen when the owner has killed bambi.

Flounder actually shot well enough to beat me today. Thats ok though, because the group consensus was that my suppressor was quieter.

I still say it was just different sounding. Both seem quiet to me. You still giggled like a 12 yr old girl when I gave you a subsonic to shoot through your can. :)

The funniest was when you asked me if I was going to shoot the Spikes 22 conversion through the AR with the can and my reply was. I already fired off 2 rounds. You were 10 ft away and didnt even hear it.. :)

Edited by flounder