Plex app for mac -- holy shit

natedogg624

i just stumbled upon Plex for mac and WOW.

i wish i had the vocabulary to explain how awesome it is. this is not a mac > pc thread btw.

Plex for OS X

i particularly love how it automatically finds TONS of metadata to go with my movies, also the easy streamlined very neat looking interface is just smooth and silky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOIPF6gy0Q4

also word on the streets is that the new apple TV can be jailbroken and rumors are swirling that Plex will be a third party app for the aTV.

Plex, Boxee, XMBC, ... there's a bunch of them out there that will run on the Mac. Even more for out there for Windows, not to mention WMC, one of the things MS actually managed to do really right.

Apple TV sucks. There are better units out there. If I were to go out and by an appliance right now it would probably be a Roku XD or XD|S. There are several others out better than the crap Apple realeased. I'm not sure what they were thinking with no 1080 support, oh yeah I do; they want to rip you off by releasing a 1080 version hoping you'll buy another why they slow roll what should be standard features as usual.