Sun 10/10 Thunder Valley Long Range Tactical Match

walther_gsp

The match will be held on this Sunday at 9:00 a.m. sharp!

This event will be shooting both the short course (550 yards and under) and the long course (275 to 1165 yards)

You will need about 100 rounds of ammo to shoot both courses. Extra shooting after the match is the norm here so bring more if you wish. Make sure to bring food and water for yourself which we can transport it in the range vehicles.

Match fee is $20.00 for members, $30.00 for non-members

Make sure your bolt is out of your rifle.

Match is free for spectators.

Make sure to have ear protection.

All new shooters welcome and we will help you along the way.

I'll be attending Sunday. There is a match with the same format Saturday too.

I'm a total noob. I've never shot past 100yrds.

Im still trying to learn the minute of angle adjustments.

I would assume the ranges would help but Idk how to determine how to use that.

Don't worry about being a noob,we'll help you out. For the MOA adjustments, basically you'll want to use a ballistic calculator to create a drop chart/range card. That will tell you what adjustments to dial in for the specific range of the target, or for the wind conditions. I use JBM ballistics. www.jbmballistics.com

You'll need some basic data to use it. Muzzle velocity (or at least a best guess), bullet type (ie sierra 175 SMK), and the height of the center of your scope above the bore axis. Plug these into the webpage and you can create a chart based upon a 100 yard zero. There is also an option for you to plug in the specific ranges of targets. I'd do both, one as a generic range card and one for Thunder Valley.

Target ranges are

Position 1

Position 2

Position 3

Also, if that seems a bit intimidating, you can contact Tom (range owner) and tell him you are new and see about showing up early and having someone chrono your load and help you with a drop chart.

Here is his contact info

Tom Sarver

Thunder Valley Precision

07FFL/SOT2

15786 TR.118 Kimbolton, Ohio 43749

info@thundervalleyprecision.com

740-502-6530

Also, if that seems a bit intimidating, you can contact Tom (range owner) and tell him you are new and see about showing up early and having someone chrono your load and help you with a drop chart.

Here is his contact info

Tom Sarver

Thunder Valley Precision

07FFL/SOT2

15786 TR.118 Kimbolton, Ohio 43749

info@thundervalleyprecision.com

740-502-6530

Time for you to buy a crono for when you start reloading. Im on my second one since the first one took a .40 cal round through the front.

I might have to swing by the shop and engrave something interesting somewhere on your rig when its there.. :) Or maybe fill your bolt with KY.... hahahaha

Now now. I refrained from doing that to yours, you can at least return the courtesy. Mark thought I was kidding when I told him about what you did to Lizard's bike when on display at the pony.

Now now. I refrained from doing that to yours, you can at least return the courtesy. Mark thought I was kidding when I told him about what you did to Lizard's bike when on display at the pony.

And lizard got me back with the white grease pencil derogatory comments all over a set of my tires he happened to have in his possession. All in good fun. :)