Almost Their....Finally!!

Jst2fst

Finally today my bike started at last....but only for three seconds with the help of some starter fluid. I seem to have a problem with the fuel getting into the bowls. I've cleaned the bowls and blew out the jets and the fuel lines are ok for what I can tell. Anyone know how I can keep the bike running the choke is open all the way up but will need to be replaced. Also tried to adjust the idle speed with no luck as well. The bike starts fine but just wont stay on longer than three seconds.

Clean the entire carbs again. Carbs are hard to get cleaned out on the first try. If you have a manual, check where the vent passages are on the carb body. Make sure air will flow through all passages and vents. If it's not the carbs, start checking spark and timing events.

• Upvote 1

Is there a grammar nazi award?

The idle jet might be clogged still. Use a copper wire to clean it out, when you clean it out the second time.

You can also soak the carbs in a degreaser to help loosen whatever gunk might be in there. Contrary to what the can of cleaner says, it takes a bit more than just spray and go to clean out your carbs.

OK, So my roommate and I went and took apart the carbs last night found out that the vent tubes were all free and clear so we just hit them with cleaner to make sure. Come to find out we forgot to get the idle jets cleaned did that and found out the the person that had this bike before me fouled up the idle jets on the piece you use to take them out. So one jet we were unable to get out but managed to get it clean by hitting it continuously with carb cleaner. The entire carbs are clean now. I will need to have the jets replaced when I can order some new ones. Went to start the bike again with starter fluid and it gave a roar then died.

Tried to crank it without the fluid and nothing. We were thinking that one of the spark plugs fouled up and died. Still have not found the right tool to get then out. I've bought a 14mm-18mm Thin wall spark plug remover and they won't budge. I'm not sure what keeping this bike from starting. It started fine Saturday with the starter fluid but yesterday not so well. I let it sit overnight and I'll try again later when I get off of work any suggestions?

Edited by Jst2fst
Grammatical Errors